Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #2857

Thor Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by M72561 View Post
I have a 2014 37 KT and about 200 miles after a recent oil change The following happened. I had camped for a few days and was heading home and the low oil pressure warning came on and then went off after about 5 minutes of driving. I checked my oil and it was fine and drove home without any issues. I just completed another 900 mile round trip and had similar issues. I am positive it is a faulty sensor and was wondering if anyone had replaced one and how much it cost. The coach ran fabulous and even delivered 7.8 mpg towing a toad.

Thanks

Mark
Check and see if you have a Fram oil filter on your rig. They have been known to cause this very issue
stevemiller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2017, 07:06 AM   #2858

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemiller2 View Post
Check and see if you have a Fram oil filter on your rig. They have been known to cause this very issue
It was a oil filter from NAPA with a generic #. I did check into that before.

Thanks
M72561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:25 PM   #2859

Hey veryone, thanks again for your help throughout this proccess. We picked up our RV Wednesday! We purchased from MHSRV in DFW and we are still here onsite getting used to the unit and having a few minor issues fixed. There has been nothing major AT all, but have most of the first trip bugs worked out now at this point, which is very nice before we even leave the lot. We have broken down camp a couple of times and driven it around to get used to it.

We are enjoying it a lot, my wife and I both are loving it.

There are for sure some mods and changes we are going to do, but we are taking it easy and getting used to it first. One thing I'm going to be doing in the near future is adding a switch for all of my dash gadgets, I have the TPMS already and will be adding a GPS later on, also want to hard wire in my siruis XM radio.

Has anyone added a shelf somewhere to mount all of your gadgets? or do you just use like 3M tape to mount items to the dash? The suction cup mounts don't work on that material on the dash. I have had motorcycles before and have a lot of RAM mount stuff, so I might try and figure out how to get a RAM mount bar or something on the dash.

fluffybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #2860

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Congrats fellow Challenger owner. Go to tmcoc.org and join the Thor Motorcoach owners club
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:23 AM   #2861

She's a beauty. Enjoy her.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:17 AM   #2862

Bob, I'm new to the forum and haven't learned how to post, hopefully you can answer a question for me> what 120v outlets are energized by the inverter and is the 12 volt plug by the passenger seat supplied from the engine battery or the coach batteries.

Thanks Robert McAbee
2013 Challenger 36 FD
coolinthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:49 PM   #2863

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Bob,
I'm not sure what outlets would be powered by your invertor. In my 2013 Challenger DT, the TV is powered and the outlet above our sofa near the TV, and I believe the outlet where my TV components are.
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:20 PM   #2864

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post
Bob,
I'm not sure what outlets would be powered by your invertor. In my 2013 Challenger DT, the TV is powered and the outlet above our sofa near the TV, and I believe the outlet where my TV components are.
In our 37kt, the fridge and tvs are powered from the inverter. Plus one outlet by the passenger seat.

In the bedroom I can open the cabinent and have easy access to the tv plug. In the living room I had to remove the fireplace and plug in a power strip. Then put it in the cabinent by the tv. So our satalite, DVD player, and game systems can be powered.
logalinipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:20 PM   #2865

Hey everyone, have a couple of questions for you.

1st, my 37KT is in service for a bit, getting washer dryer installed and a couple of minor things fixed. I didn't get a chance to take some measurements before I brought it in, can someone measure from the outside wall on the slide to the opening to the bedroom? Basically where that corner table is under the TV I need to know how long that wall is, I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me that.

2nd.
Planning for our full timing we are going to be spending thanksgiving to christmas home in Arkansas, one thing that I am concerned about is the water system freezing. In arkansas it can be anywhere from the 40s to 50s all the way down to to the 30s. We usually dont have any hard freezes or temps down into the 20s that time of year, and we will be heading further south before it gets really cold. What do we need to do to prepare for that? Its my understanding that the bays and water tanks are heated, but not sure how well that works.

Thanks for your advice and help.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:05 PM   #2866

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybunny View Post

1st, my 37KT Basically where that corner table is under the TV I need to know how long that wall is
2nd.
What do we need to do to prepare for that? Thanks for your advice and help.
Wall 26 inches
Freezing weather. I find very little if any heat reaching either wet bay when the propane furnace is running. I put our outdoor remote temp sensor in both bays when furnace was turned on and saw virtually no change after several hours. I bought two personal 200 watt space heaters for under $8 each at Walmart and connected them both to a 110 freeze switch (like DAYTON Freeze Protection Thermostat,120VAC, 48GP69, OR https://www.amazon.com/Farm-Innovato...9N67NBY5QF8KNN ) that turns on at 40 degrees and back off around 50. I did not bother with heated fresh water hose. Just turn off park water and use onboard tank. We only had freezing temps in early AM.
If your washer dryer is a combo unit there is an unused 110 circuit avail that can be moved from behind wisher to dine area slide wall. That gives you a dedicated breaker controlled circuit just for electric heaters. We find two 1,500 watt heaters with occasional boost from fireplace good to upper thirty's. Only use propane in AM to get things warmed up quick. Enjoy your new Challenger and come see us in Creede.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:24 AM   #2867

If you're not as handy as Chuck (I'm not) an extension cord from your outside outlet under the MH and into the wet bay via the hose opening works for those electric heaters too. We just use one of them in the wet bay. A few hours below freezing and then warming up during the day is no worries. It is only extended below 32 that you have to worry about. If you do stay connected to park water just leave a slow drip overnight in one sink. It will keep your hose and the park water source from freezing down to about 20 outside anyway.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:12 AM   #2868

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybunny View Post

1st, my 37KT is in service for a bit, getting washer dryer installed and a couple of minor things fixed. I didn't get a chance to take some measurements before I brought it in, can someone measure from the outside wall on the slide to the opening to the bedroom? Basically where that corner table is under the TV I need to know how long that wall is, I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me that.

2nd.
Planning for our full timing we are going to be spending thanksgiving to christmas home in Arkansas, one thing that I am concerned about is the water system freezing. In arkansas it can be anywhere from the 40s to 50s all the way down to to the 30s. We usually dont have any hard freezes or temps down into the 20s that time of year, and we will be heading further south before it gets really cold. What do we need to do to prepare for that? Its my understanding that the bays and water tanks are heated, but not sure how well that works.

Thanks for your advice and help.
If you're talking about the dining room space it's 105 1/4"?
daverubino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:20 AM   #2869

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolinthem View Post
Bob, I'm new to the forum and haven't learned how to post, hopefully you can answer a question for me> what 120v outlets are energized by the inverter and is the 12 volt plug by the passenger seat supplied from the engine battery or the coach batteries.

Thanks Robert McAbee
2013 Challenger 36 FD
I tried to attach a blueprint from Thor for the 110/12 volt layout but it wouldn't go through. Message me with your email if you want it and I'll send it that way. BTW all, you can request prints from Thor anytime through customer support and they'll email you a pdf. I have a whole collection now from EVERY TIME SOMETHING HAS GONE WRONG WITH THIS pos!
daverubino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #2870

Theater Seating Upgrade

I finally got rid of the uncomfortable factory theater seating in my 37KT. I went with a residential duel power reclining love seat. I went with the chocolate brown to offset the front seats. Got pretty lucky when I found this one with the stitching that matched the front seats. I did what I learned here on the thread with extending the slide floor out with ¾" plywood. I had to extend it out about 10". Wrapped the plywood extension and slide floor with 1"x4"'s to finish it off. I found some in stock carpet at the local box store that was a pretty close match to the carpet in the coach so I decided to wrap the slide floor in carpet, even though you only see the edges of it in my opinion it gives it a much more finished look. I am very happy with the outcome of the project. Love seat is super comfortable. Hear are a few pictures once i got it wrapped in carpet and the finished project with the love seat in place. I didn't take any of just the plywood extension because its been posted here before.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3839.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	165198

Name:	fullsizeoutput_b95.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	165199

Name:	IMG_3836.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	399.7 KB
ID:	165200

Name:	IMG_3835.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	400.1 KB
ID:	165201

Sorry that a couple of the pictures are sideways, technical issues on my part I guess.

Tags
lippert, slide, thor