Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2018, 11:08 PM   #3165

I had to pull my fridge out to tighten the line. It wasent hard at all. It has 2 brackets at the top, iirc.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2018, 11:30 PM   #3166

Here's my solution
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180603_104326.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	649.7 KB
ID:	205604   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180603_104329.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	457.5 KB
ID:	205605  

Name:	20180603_104342.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	205606   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180603_104344.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	311.0 KB
ID:	205607  

logalinipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:11 AM   #3167

Thor Owners Club
We tried the Y set up. I've found it easier to set up without hooking the mid tank drain, and then move the drain line as needed. However, we do not have the washer/dryer. No really good way to address.
Sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:56 AM   #3168

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSteve View Post
I already have started looking in to that one based on your sig block...
3/4 inch fifty foot garden hose from Harbor Freight for $20 and 3 3/4" female hose repair fittings.
Dump cap with hose fitting for washer dump hose connection
Female hose end cap to close off washer connection at the Y when washer not used
1" PVC Y - a true Y fitting will work best
1" PVC hose bib fittings on two legs of Y and one on sewer connection cap
End of Sewer Solutions hose has a 1" PVC male fitting that will plug into other leg of Y
Cut hose with one piece long enough to reach from washer drain fitting to Y
You will end up with about 35 feet of dump hose.
I even added a 6" piece of clear schedule 40 vinyl tubing at the dump cap so I can see what is going on.
Kinda busy right now building a gravity derby race car. If needed I will post some pics.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:19 AM   #3169

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
3/4 inch fifty foot garden hose from Harbor Freight for $20 and 3 3/4" female hose repair fittings.
Dump cap with hose fitting for washer dump hose connection
Female hose end cap to close off washer connection at the Y when washer not used
1" PVC Y - a true Y fitting will work best
1" PVC hose bib fittings on two legs of Y and one on sewer connection cap
End of Sewer Solutions hose has a 1" PVC male fitting that will plug into other leg of Y
Cut hose with one piece long enough to reach from washer drain fitting to Y
You will end up with about 35 feet of dump hose.
I even added a 6" piece of clear schedule 40 vinyl tubing at the dump cap so I can see what is going on.
Kinda busy right now building a gravity derby race car. If needed I will post some pics.
I think I am tracking what you did, but a photo or two would be appreciated.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:01 AM   #3170

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I think I am tracking what you did, but a photo or two would be appreciated.
Pics of Sewer Solutions setup. You can use either 3/4 garden hose or 1 inch PVC from Y to park dump connection.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180604_174208.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	448.4 KB
ID:	205799   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180604_174151.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	448.1 KB
ID:	205800  

Name:	20180604_174119.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	343.5 KB
ID:	205801  
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:49 PM   #3171

Thor Owners Club
2018 ags

So, the new touch control system Thor decided to use includes an AGS built in. The problem is, that it doesn't sense shore power. Therefore, it cannot auto start when power is lost making it pretty useless for us. For example, the power was shut off today for a new building main getting installed near by. Because it could not sense shore power, we had to start the generator an hour before the cutoff just so the critters would have some AC in the FL heat while we were at work.

Calling the touchscreen manufacturer, they said this is the way the system is designed, without a shore power sensor.

Is anyone aware of a product that will start based on loss of shore power, or alternatively, prevent the gen from starting when shore power is present?

Thanks.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:46 AM   #3172

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
So, the new touch control system Thor decided to use includes an AGS built in. The problem is, that it doesn't sense shore power. Therefore, it cannot auto start when power is lost making it pretty useless for us. For example, the power was shut off today for a new building main getting installed near by. Because it could not sense shore power, we had to start the generator an hour before the cutoff just so the critters would have some AC in the FL heat while we were at work.

Calling the touchscreen manufacturer, they said this is the way the system is designed, without a shore power sensor.

Is anyone aware of a product that will start based on loss of shore power, or alternatively, prevent the gen from starting when shore power is present?

Thanks.
There are a couple of settings for the AGS to start; temperature threshold and battery level. I have the temp set for 88 and battery for 11.8. Once one of those are met, the generator starts. It's the same for the older systems without the integrated firefly. Test and find the right TEMP and battery level for you to have the AGS to kick on and you should be good. You can also purchase a remote temp monitoring system like Tempstick to ensure the pets are okay while you are away.
TechNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:18 AM   #3173

I'm showing my ignorance here, but can I ask a few questions about this whole subject of autostart on the genny? For the longest time I didn't think our 2014.5 even had that, but with my house batteries going bad, lo and behold, at a Flying J a few weeks ago my genny started. So I have it and it is even set (at something-I don't know what).

So my questions: How do you set this thing? Where? And what is this new touch control system?
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:48 AM   #3174

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
I'm showing my ignorance here, but can I ask a few questions about this whole subject of autostart on the genny? For the longest time I didn't think our 2014.5 even had that, but with my house batteries going bad, lo and behold, at a Flying J a few weeks ago my genny started. So I have it and it is even set (at something-I don't know what).

So my questions: How do you set this thing? Where? And what is this new touch control system?
If I had to guess, you have the standalone Magnum AGS. It has 4 or 5 pots that set the parameters. I’ve always seen them mounted to a storage bay ceiling. But that’s speculation.

The new touchscreen is a system called firefly. Seems well put together. All of the switches are wireless and can be moved or useful as a remote even. I had another system in a previous trailer that I hated, so Time will tell with his one.
MeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:15 PM   #3175

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Pics of Sewer Solutions setup. You can use either 3/4 garden hose or 1 inch PVC from Y to park dump connection.
Thanks
Old 06-09-2018, 07:45 AM   #3176

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Thanks
Forgot to mention - with PVC - no need to glue connections. Press fit works just fine so set up and take down is a piece of cake.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:24 AM   #3177

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Forgot to mention - with PVC - no need to glue connections. Press fit works just fine so set up and take down is a piece of cake.
Did you find the 1” to GHT at your local big box? Neither Orange nor Blue seemed to have one.
MeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:47 AM   #3178

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Did you find the 1” to GHT at your local big box? Neither Orange nor Blue seemed to have one.
Years ago! Pretty sure it was in store purchase. Just did quick ebay search and found 10 for $5. "" PVC Schedule 40 Threaded Male Adapter Plumbing 30410 10 PACK Slip X MI" Only part I remember buying online was the Y connector. Look in irrigation section.

Tags
lippert, slide, thor