Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2020, 05:21 AM   #3375

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSteve View Post
Has anyone found a way to control the AC condensate from running down the side making white streaks? We've had it detailed, but that was only about a 90% solution.

Google "RV gutter extenders" or RV gutter spouts". Lots of inexpensive solutions out there. And not too difficult to install either.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2020, 05:34 AM   #3376

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Google "RV gutter extenders" or RV gutter spouts". Lots of inexpensive solutions out there. And not too difficult to install either.
That's great and all, if our unit actually had gutters. There are no gutters on the extruded aluminum pieces at the roofline.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:07 AM   #3377

My '17 37YT also has the black wooden box (support) for the black tank. Thought it was there because of the flexible sink drain issue I had (remember!). Found the black tank support clamps on each end to be loose. Tightened clamps and wedged the black box back in for support.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:21 AM   #3378

Quote:
Has anyone found a way to control the AC condensate from running down the side making white streaks? We've had it detailed, but that was only about a 90% solution.

You can install gutters to direct that water.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:24 AM   #3379

Thor Owners Club
We looked at replacing the aluminum strip with ones with gutters, but it was cost prohibitive since it meant removing all of the awnings and toppers in the process...
Old 06-21-2020, 07:31 AM   #3380

black tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeryman View Post
Hey BSheet2 or other 37YT. Was packing RV last Thursday for long weekend and noticed in the 3rd storage bay from rear on entry side (see photos) there was a black wooden box I never noticed before that was slopped to match the black holding tank and pushed in to wedge against the tank. Seemed like a support maybe during installation of the tank or ?? I contacted Ron at Thor and he thought my suggestion was right that maybe was left in by mistake during production of the unit (not surprising if so).

Question can you peak at yours and see if you have it as well or if the black tank is just supported by the brackets. I'm affraid to pull it out permanently if all 37YT's have it. It is not mounted and I can easily pull out (see photos).

I figure some manufacturing guy has been looking for his lost tank install wedge for past 3 years

Let me know if photos didn't come through. It showed they uplaaded.

thanks
Gary

Sorry, just saw your question. I will take a look at my black tank in a few days and get back to you.
bsheet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 07:40 AM   #3381

suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeryman View Post
Bsheet2,

Let me know how that suspension work does for you.

Not sure I would take that plunge but I would like a little less sway.

I had a 2003 Damon Intruder and I put firestone airbags on all corners. Seemed to help a little but not a 100% solution.

Have only driven the RV locally. No trips yet with the steering stabilizer and rear track bar installed. However, I can already feel the difference. The front tracks better. I am not constantly turning the steering wheel back and forth to keep it headed strait. The rear track bar feels like it is reducing the "leaning" feel when cornering and turning.

Need to get out on the open road to really tell how much it is helping. Will post again when later. We are hoping to do a trip in a month or so.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:47 PM   #3382

Glenn2 thanks for looking for that wedge box. I guess Thor put them their for support. Sound like the Thor guy I asked didn’t bother checking with their production folks.
Bakeryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #3383

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
That was fast. I can tell you that at least on ours the bigger garbage can fit fine. We put in a slide out setup and removed the door hinges, attached the door to the slide out, so that opening the garbage door was a one step instead of two project. I don't have pictures but could take them if you need it.
Do you remember where you found a larger slide mechanism that was still only 17” deep? All of the ones I’m finding are 22” deep...
Old 06-25-2020, 08:52 AM   #3384

Quote:
Do you remember where you found a larger slide mechanism that was still only 17” deep? All of the ones I’m finding are 22” deep...

Rev-A-Shelf RV Series.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 05:17 PM   #3385

Generator Question

Sometimes I start my gen set and the engine runs but no electricity is delivered. All breakers are fine. Then later I will start it again and everything is fine. Really odd.

Have done some Google searches and the one thing I ran across that might be what is going on is " a loss of residual magnetism" in the generator. For a different brand of generator (not Onan) they have to keep holding the start button down after the engine is running. This allows the coils in the alternator to energize and create a magnetic field.

Evidently the residual magnetism can be lost if the gen set has been idle for a while without running. In my case it had been 3 weeks.

I am guilty of releasing the start button as soon as I hear the engine start.

Have any of you run across this??? Is this is what is going on with my gen set???
Old 06-27-2020, 05:23 PM   #3386

Thor Owners Club
We’ve left ours for a couple/few months with no issues like that, so I don’t think that sounds right.

If I had to guess, a voltage regulator is failing and the contractor isn’t closing...
Old 06-27-2020, 05:27 PM   #3387

Quote:
We’ve left ours for a couple/few months with no issues like that, so I don’t think that sounds right.

If I had to guess, a voltage regulator is failing and the contractor isn’t closing...

Thanks for the response. Guess I will try to talk with the Cummins Onan folks.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:19 PM   #3388

Thor Owners Club
We're about to make the plunge into a W/D install.

I noticed the Splendide instructions the unit is 22" deep. The pantry on our 2018 37KT is only 21" deep (where the W/D hook up is). What kind of modifications have people had to make to get their W/D installed? Do I need to remove the "wall" in the back of the pantry? Or is the shape of the back of the unit such that Thor MIGHT have planned and engineered the pantry to fit? HAHAHA

Our unit (the 3rd one, first two damaged in shipping) won't be here until the 7th...

Tags
lippert, slide, thor