Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2020, 04:06 PM   #3417

I just did the dog house mat job as well. My dog house has four large self tapping type screws that line up with a metal piece on the floor. I have to carefully line them up but they will go in. Use a flash light to line up the hole.

Mine is a 37YT 2017 year.
Bakeryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2020, 04:17 PM   #3418

New issue for Challenger folks. Mine is again the 2017 37YT. My issue is the black tank drain location. On my unit the valve is too low and set back from the hold in the bottom of the storage bin so when I try to connect my sewer hose it does not line up easily and I have to reach around and pull the entire assembly forward a couple inches. I"m afraid one of these times I may pull too hard. I had some leakage the last couple times thinking my hose was the issue but it was coming from the back side so I could not tell for sure. I did just check it and I tightened up the four bolt and nuts on the valve, they were not real tight.

Has anyone had this issue on 37YT or other that came up with a solution? I thought about pulling down the entire assembly by loosening the clamp but just concerned I may make it worse.

I'm going to attache photos. I was hoping I could loosen clamp and slide assembly up but that Black PVC fitting by the clamp is the same diameter as the grey lip from tank. Must be a glued in PVC in that fitting that goes up into the tank.

Thanks for any ideas!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0392.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	298484   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0394.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	298485  

Name:	IMG_0391.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	298486   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0389.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	298487  

Name:	IMG_0390.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	298488  
Old 08-24-2020, 04:19 PM   #3419

I see some photos of mine are turned. I think if you double click on them they will pop up correctly. The last one if turned correctly shows the set back issue I'm having when you think about then trying to add the hose.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:46 AM   #3420

I had the same issue with my challenger 35 ht. I solved the problem with a camco, 45' degree clear 3" fitting from Walmart. It brought the hose connection about 5" closer to the opening where I could connect the sewer hose easily and the problem was solved for less than 10 bucks. I just leave the clear fitting permanently attached and keep a cap on it. Good luck, and I would recommend you not pull on the fitting anymore, it shouldn't have any play it at all.
31NDone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 07:43 AM   #3421

Same year, same model and same problem. I also went with the 45 degree clear attachment and leave it mounted/capped. Still a chore to hook up the flex hose. Not a well thought out arrangement.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:58 PM   #3422

Thor Owners Club
Keyless entry

Has anyone tried/found a keyless entry solution for our rather tall entry handles?
Old 09-10-2020, 10:48 AM   #3423
KC

Hello all, I have a electrical question on my late 2015 37KT. The florescent lights over the sink stopped working. Is the fixture 12 volt or 120? I am going to replace it with a LED unit.

Thanks

KC
Old 09-10-2020, 10:57 AM   #3424

I replaced those fluorescent bulbs with led bulbs that popped right in place. did no other modification.got them on amazon. anything that works when no shore power or generator is 12 volt.
jeanluc001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 05:51 AM   #3425

Fluorescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
Hello all, I have a electrical question on my late 2015 37KT. The florescent lights over the sink stopped working. Is the fixture 12 volt or 120? I am going to replace it with a LED unit.

Thanks

KC
If it turns on without Gen or Shore power it is most likely 12 volt. Go with LED strips because if you do you remove the other problem, the ballast. If you need help give me a call.
RV-LEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:21 AM   #3426

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post

Thanks

KC
I recently had the same problem. They are 12 volt and I replaced them with this from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Much brighter light but no nightlight like the old set had. I was ok with that.

Jimmy
camaromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:16 AM   #3427

Battery Control Center Access

I have what I think is a fuse problem located in the BCC. On my Challenger the BCC is in the engine compartment on the firewall way to the right behind the framework that the engine hood attaches to. It is a nightmare to access. You can barely reach it to remove the cover, but once removed you can't see or reach most of what is in the box (just the very left edge). Has anyone figured out how to service the contents of this box?

Also, does anyone know which fuse operates the power windshield nightshade on a 2014.5 or newer Challenger? It may operate the fog lights too, as both seem to be out.

Thanks.
sbleiweiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:24 AM   #3428

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
I have what I think is a fuse problem located in the BCC. On my Challenger the BCC is in the engine compartment on the firewall way to the right behind the framework that the engine hood attaches to. It is a nightmare to access. You can barely reach it to remove the cover, but once removed you can't see or reach most of what is in the box (just the very left edge). Has anyone figured out how to service the contents of this box?

Also, does anyone know which fuse operates the power windshield nightshade on a 2014.5 or newer Challenger? It may operate the fog lights too, as both seem to be out.

Thanks.
Assuming you have ruled out any/all of the fuses left of the steering column inside?
Old 11-18-2020, 07:28 AM   #3429

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSteve View Post
Assuming you have ruled out any/all of the fuses left of the steering column inside?

No, but Thor says it is operated through the BCC and I don't look forward to the contortions needed to get to the Ford fuse box you refer to.
sbleiweiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:16 PM   #3430

Hello fellow owners, has anyone installed or had installed a washer and dryer in a 2016 vintage 37kt?
It appears that I only have 21-1/2" of depth in the pantry cabinet that is pre set up for washer and dryer. From looking around most are 22" to 22-3/4"
I'm looking to go stackable.
What brand and model do you have?
Any tricks you might know as I will be installing these myself.
Thanks,
marcdohc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, slide, thor