Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2021, 06:27 AM   #1

Thor class A DP lineup

Hi all, I'm STILL on the hunt for a recent model (2012-2016 ) DP and have been focusing on the Thor Aria and Tuscany models. I have found a few Tuscany XTE models and I am having a problem determining the quality level differences. Can anyone give me a lineup from entry level up ? I have been wrestling with the decision of 35 foot ( easier to find spots in state and national parks) vs 40 foot with a little more room. Any advice ? I have only had a 34 foot gasser and several 33-34 foot travel trailers. Thanks, Ken
kengardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2021, 08:29 PM   #2

I could be a little off here, but I believe the Aria replaced the Tuscany XTE in 2017. The lineup now from bottom to top is Palazzo, Aria, Venetian, and Tuscany.
Mnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 11:59 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Is this for full time use, or just for a couple weeks at a time? The question of how large of an RV can be answered by folks with brands other than Thor.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 08:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
Is this for full time use, or just for a couple weeks at a time? The question of how large of an RV can be answered by folks with brands other than Thor.
We take a few month long trips a year and 4-5 week long trips. We like the woodsiness of the state and national parks so am concerned about the length issue. The real problem is we need a real king size bed and many smaller / older coaches have queen beds, even the Tiffins and Newmars. Its just the 2 of us and 2 Yorkies. We haven't really boondocked yet but hope to in the future. Anyone changed out the queen for a king on any of the small units ? I'm guessing nightstands on most would need to be cut down.
Old 12-14-2021, 03:45 PM   #5

We just bought a 2018 Aria 3401. King size bed and plenty of room for 2. I love the shorter length.
ChiefBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBob View Post
We just bought a 2018 Aria 3401. King size bed and plenty of room for 2. I love the shorter length.
That's the one I'm most interested in ChiefBob. It seems to me like the short supply has started to open up some. Ken
Old 12-21-2021, 03:29 PM   #7

We have a 2014 Tuscany XTE, 40GQ. It has a king sized bed, and we really love the extra room. Been to plenty of National Parks and never had a problem with the size. We love the floor plan and would highly recommend you look at the 40 GQ….4 slide outs creates a ton of living space. Just one persons opinion!
PL-AY.
PL-AY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 03:48 PM   #8

We have a 2021 Aria 3401. The length is great for the Pacific Northwest and the size of the forested sites. Floor plan is great My wife demanded a real dinette. We did like the Palazzo but the HP and torque was not enough for us towing. Good luck with the search.
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 03:50 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Mnoel has it correct on the model lineup. When the Aria first came out we saw it at a show and liked the floorplan. The dealer closest to us sold Thor but not the Aria model. They had a Venetian with pretty much exact same floorplan but bigger engine and slightly nicer finishes which I liked. Bought a 2017 model and have had it since crossing the country multiple times as well as a lot of dry camping out in the CA desert. Thor isn't the highest quality builder out there (but unless you spend double the price none of them really are). We had our share of 1st year issues and finally got thru most of them. As long as you are pretty handy, you can fix many of the things as they come up, but some you'll need a repair facility to make sure you have access to one.
SoCal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 04:46 PM   #10

It doesn't matter what model you get. If it was made by Thor you will have several problems.

Alajeu
alajeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 06:26 AM   #11

Thanks for all the info , I was worried that the Thors were having more problems than the rest but feel better hearing that some of you are happy. Ken
Old 12-22-2021, 07:13 AM   #12

The lineup is correct. We have 2017 40ft Venetian A40. We love it but it spent about first year in shop. We think we have most of the bugs worked out now. No shop trips this year. Staying in national parks can be an issue but we stay very close and get full hookups. We routinely stay in state parks; no issues. The coach length has never been a problem for us. We initially looked at Arias but the Venetian has 400Hp Cummins and 1150#-ft of torque. That’s why we bought Venetian over Aria. We love the floor plan with theater seating across from big TV and king size bed. I think you are wise in buying used. [Mod Edit]
Piper1948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, thor