Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thor Diesel Club

Any comments on whether there is a value to this club?
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Any comments on whether there is a value to this club?
We joined because the first year was free paid by Thor. They have rallies, etc. and I have a year to try it out and decide if I want to renew.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So far I haven't seen any real benefit to belonging to their group but I haven't attended any of their rallies either so that might make it worth while.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
I was told that to join the Freightliner club you had to join the FMCA first. Is that correct.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
ehc

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I joined last year and have attended 2 rallies, at their international rally in Goshen, Ind. Thor had techs available for minor repairs at the rally site. I had three minor repairs out of warranty which where completed without charge. TDC members like many RV groups are a wonderful group of people. If you own a Thor Diesel motorhome it is a good way to meet the Thor support staff. Thor supports the club and they put on quality rally's. You have to be a member of the FMCA to join the club.
Ed
Alexandria, VA
ehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
FMCA has many social clubs. Some our Chassis or motorhome MFG. specific. The Thor Deisel Club is fully supported by the Thor Factory. The group is growing and the current officers are really taking the members wishes into consideration for future rallies. Most of the groups are mostly Social and a side benefit is the sharing of information by the members. Their annual rally is at the TAMPA Super show and is very well attended. They are a FUN group. try it for a year, if you like it, then renew. It is not like you are going to join the ARMY forever. FMCA has many benefits. The user interest grojups are just one. The FMCA Michilen Tire Advantage program is another. The FMCA magazine is very good. They have several other tie ins that have the potential to save you money. good luck ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #7

I joined because the first year was free with the purchase of our Palazzo. However, today I got a letter from the President of the Thor Diesel Club saying you have to be a member of the FMCA to belong. My question is, "after the one year free membership expires do I pay dues to both the Thor Diesel Club and the FMCA?" And, the Freight liner Club, if I decide to join that?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom65 View Post
I joined because the first year was free with the purchase of our Palazzo. However, today I got a letter from the President of the Thor Diesel Club saying you have to be a member of the FMCA to belong. My question is, "after the one year free membership expires do I pay dues to both the Thor Diesel Club and the FMCA?" And, the Freight liner Club, if I decide to join that?
Yes. You would have to pay dues to each organization. But what I am not clear about is whether you have to continue to be a member of FMCA after the first year to renew the membership in the Freightliner Chassis Owner's Club (FCOC). It appears that one must be a member of FMCA to renew but I'm not certain.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
How long ago did you attemp to join the Thor club? I completed the application on the website in early October but have yet to hear anything.
Seems like a racket (having to join one club to be a member of another, plus having to pay dues to all).
Old 11-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #10
ehc

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The money I saved at the Goshen rally for the 3 out of warranty repairs completed by the Thor Tech's at the rally more than paid for my FMCA, Freightliner, and Thor Diesel Club dues. Also considering the discounts you get from Freightliner Oasis repair facilities for being a FCOC member is icing on the cake. I feel that I am getting my money's worth from the memberships and the added benefit of visiting with a wonderful group of people at their rally's.
Ed
Northern VA
ehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
How long ago did you attemp to join the Thor club? I completed the application on the website in early October but have yet to hear anything.
Seems like a racket (having to join one club to be a member of another, plus having to pay dues to all).
I just signed up so have the email addresses of the key officers if you want. I think they are also available on their website.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Tom,

The Thor Diesel Club is a chapter of the FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association) that is why you must be a FMCA member to join the Thor Diesel Club. In the RV community you will find a number of clubs that are chapters of other associations which will require membership in both. iRV2 has a number of chapters that require you to be a member of iRV2 to be a member.

As you can see from the statement below this is a new (2010) chapter and is just trying to get their club up and running. The club officers are all volunteers and do respond in time. I joined TDC and my 1st year was paid by Thor. I was already a FMCA member so no big deal for me. I plan on attending a rally and to meet other Thor (Palazzo) owners and hopefully I can contribute to help TDC to get bigger and better.

Hope this helps?
Jack

"The Thor Diesel Club was formed in October of 2010. After working with the manufacturer, Thor Motor Coach, our first International Rally was held at the Elkhart County Fairgrounds. The first Board was voted in for a two year term and an application was sent to the FMCA and was accepted as a full International Chapter. Today we are thriving. Our membership is growing as well as attendance at our Rallies and we look forward to supporting our membership, our community, Thor Motor Coach and the FMCA".
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Tom, I completed the application sometime in October and heard back about 3 weeks ago. I waited until the last quarter to apply because somewhere on this site I read that the free TDC membership was for a year but that if you applied in September it expired in January. However, if you waited to apply in October you membership didn't expire until January 2014. And, that's the way my membership reads.

I did sign up for the FMCA membership today. Found out their western rally is in Indio in early January this year. I'm new to RVing and have never been to a rally but may go. Might meet some other Palazzo owners, although it seems like most on this site are from the East.

With regards to the Freightliner club, is that a pay membership as well?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Tom, I completed the application sometime in October and heard back about 3 weeks ago. I waited until the last quarter to apply because somewhere on this site I read that the free TDC membership was for a year but that if you applied in September it expired in January. However, if you waited to apply in October you membership didn't expire until January 2014. And, that's the way my membership reads.

I did sign up for the FMCA membership today. Found out their western rally is in Indio in early January this year. I'm new to RVing and have never been to a rally but may go. Might meet some other Palazzo owners, although it seems like most on this site are from the East.

With regards to the Freightliner club, is that a pay membership as well?
Thanks for the reply.
Don't know about the FC.