Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Thor Gas Club

Hello fellow Thor Gas Coach owners. I was speaking to a neighbor today, and they own a Palazzo, and she asked my if I was going to the Thor Rally in Elkhart. I told her I didn't know about it. Well I did a little research and found that it is a Thor Diesel Club. I called Thor to see if there was a club for gas coaches. There isn't. I sent a suggestion that Thor start one. I also sent a message to the Thor Diesel Club and asked if they would consider expanding their club to all Thor Motor Coaches. In the event that they do not want to do that, is there any interest that we gas owners start a Thor Gas Coach Club? We could have rallies and events. If there is any interest, and anyone with experience in this are willing to help get one going give a shout. I for one am willing to help in anyway I can. Lets see how much interest we have.
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #2

I would like to get into one also. I have a ACE 29.2.
acejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #3

Count me in. 2013 challenger gt.
ronny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
One more thought, maybe we should think about a Thor Motor Coach club for all Thor Coach owners. Think about this as well.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #5

I like it. We certainly would consider it......2014 Hurricane 34E...
parker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree. I have a Four Winds, which is now Thor.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Maybe limiting the club to just diesels or gas coaches would be too narrow to attract numbers of owners interested in forming a club. I think that a THOR owners' club is a great idea, and I think that it would be in the best interest for THOR to help support such a project. I would definitely be interested !

Bronk BTW, Semper - Fi
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post
One more thought, maybe we should think about a Thor Motor Coach club for all Thor Coach owners. Think about this as well.
We would be interested, although we recently went from gas to diesel. An all coach group would be a wider net and an equally interesting group.

Cheers!

Sue
Thor 2013 Tuscany 40FX.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I totally agree, we should have a Thor Motor Coach club, for all Thor owners. Currently there is only one that being the Thor Diesel Club. I have sent theam a message asking to broden their club to include the gas side. Waiting on an answer. Maybe we should just entertain the idea of the one club to fit all. I would sure enjoy that. I am going to Thor tomorrow to hopefully pick up my coach from warranty repairs, and I will try to get in contact with someone from Thor in authority who maybe willing to sponsor such a club. I know Tiffin does it so why not Thor. I'll post what I find out there if I get to speak to someone.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #10

Quote:
I totally agree, we should have a Thor Motor Coach club, for all Thor owners. Currently there is only one that being the Thor Diesel Club. I have sent theam a message asking to broden their club to include the gas side. Waiting on an answer. Maybe we should just entertain the idea of the one club to fit all. I would sure enjoy that. I am going to Thor tomorrow to hopefully pick up my coach from warranty repairs, and I will try to get in contact with someone from Thor in authority who maybe willing to sponsor such a club. I know Tiffin does it so why not Thor. I'll post what I find out there if I get to speak to someone.
Yes, please let us know what you find out. We would be interested.

Mike
Old 08-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Hello fellow Thor Gas Coach owners. I was speaking to a neighbor today, and they own a Palazzo, and she asked my if I was going to the Thor Rally in Elkhart. I told her I didn't know about it. Well I did a little research and found that it is a Thor Diesel Club. I called Thor to see if there was a club for gas coaches. There isn't. I sent a suggestion that Thor start one. I also sent a message to the Thor Diesel Club and asked if they would consider expanding their club to all Thor Motor Coaches. In the event that they do not want to do that, is there any interest that we gas owners start a Thor Gas Coach Club? We could have rallies and events. If there is any interest, and anyone with experience in this are willing to help get one going give a shout. I for one am willing to help in anyway I can. Lets see how much interest we have.
Sorry I missed your visit. Have a safe trip.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #12

I would be interested
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #13

Quote:
Capt. Bob,

This came up before on this forum and I will tell you that it will be a diesel only club. I am not saying I agree but that is the way it is...

First off Thor did not create the Thor Diesel Club they only sponsor the club. Originally it was the Mandalay Travel Club (manufactured by Mandalay Luxury Division - Four Winds) and was started in 2004. In 2010, due to the economic downturn, Four Winds, Mandalay Luxury Div., and Damon were merged into Thor Industries.

As the story goes, according to some of the long time members, Mandalay Travel Club approached Thor requesting sponsorship and Thor agreed but with the condition that ALL Thor diesel powered coach owners would be eligible to be members. From what I am told this created a big divide that lasts until this day to some degree...a few disgruntled Mandalay owners.

The club is a chapter of FMCA and is sponsored by Thor but it is run by its members. I think the point of keeping it diesel is only is to control the size of the club and to keep it specific to diesel power and their specific diesel issues.

As I suggested to the last person that posted about gas powered coaches being allowed in the diesel club...maybe he should start a Thor Gas Powered Club? There are tons of help at FMCA with starting a chapter, writing bylaws, etc. I can't speak for Thor but if you get it up and running they may be willing to provide some sponsorship.

Good Luck!

Jack (USMC Ret)
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Jack,
Thank you for your info. I did receive a response to my suggestion to Thor, and was told that the diesel club was formed by diesel owners. I have sent a message to the diesel club, but like you stated I think they will want to remain the way they are. I will take your advice and contact FMCA for assistance on starting a new chapter/club. It may take awhile, but I plan on working on a Thor Motor Coach club open ao all Thor motorhome owners, just like IRV2 which I love because it welcomes all, I want a motorhome club that will welcome all Thor coach owners. My flight for this morning to Indiana was cancelled until this afternoon so I won't arrive at Thor until late tonight. I am going to try and gain sponsorship while I'm there getting my coach. One for all and all for one. Let's meet and enjoy each others company on the roads of this great country.
Semper Fi Jack

Tags
gas, thor