Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #1

Thor Hurricane 34E or 34F

Wife and I are debating between the 34E with the bath in back or the 34F with the king size bed. We like both of them. Do any current owners out there have any pros or cons for either coach ?
parker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2013, 05:39 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have 2006 Hurricane 33H and love it. But, If I were buying one today, I like the challenger floor plans, Especially the 37KT.

Have you checked out the Challenger 37 series.

2014 Challenger Motorhomes: Class A RV by Thor Motor Coach
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just bought a 2014 34F. We liked the full wall slide (and huge awning) plus the king size bed. We felt the full bath in the 34E was a little bit cramped and the living area was smaller. I think the exterior kitchen on the 34F was the final deciding factor for us. It was a tough decision.
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
One thing to look at is how easy is it do drain a bath & 1/2 model. The sewage bays on my Winnie Vista 35B are so far apart, they can't realistically be "Y"ed together at a campground. The Vista 35F has a macerator that ties the two black tanks together for single dumping, but then there's the chance of the macerator malfunctioning. While I knew about these potential "issues" before I bought, I'm still happy with my setup since I knew ahead of time what I was getting into. While I know I haven't mentioned the models you are looking at, I just thought you might like to look at how the bath & 1/2 model dumps, which might help you decide.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #5

Smile Purchased 34E

My wife and I are new to having any motorhome and decided on a 2014 34E for the first one. We liked the floor plan having a bath and a half. The bed is ok for us and we have a king at home. We did add a sharper image mattress topper and now the bed is very comfortable for both of us (one likes soft and one likes it harder -satisfies both of us). In our case the shower works fine size wise and I am pretty wide. We love the coach and when we upgrade in the distant future we will only consider a bath & 1/2.
THS Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #6

Smile 34E or 34F

We bought the 34E last year and love the bath and one half. And i have not had any issues with tying in the sewer hoses at the sewer connection. If you get the washer dryer it will drain out the mid ship black tank. Either way you go I believe you won't be disappointed. This is our first coach and loving it. Something else you may consider. If you will be taking kids or other family members the bath and one half may be better. If it's just the two of you the 34F may be your best bet. Either way Good Luck!
fedsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:58 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am thinking of looking into the 34E so could someone tell me how much storage is in the outside compartments
Thanks
mavric65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:00 AM   #8

Storage on 34E

56 cubic feet as per the website
Old 08-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedsales View Post
56 cubic feet as per the website
I`m sorry what I meant was could someone that owns one tell me their experiences with how much stuff they can put under the coach because 56 cubic feet doesn't seem like much space
mavric65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:50 AM   #10

34E or 34F

Sorry I can't give you much help here. We only take our 34E out for 4-7 days at a time; no full time for us yet. Honestly we have never used the storage across, just the bins. It appears to have plenty of room for fishing gear, golf clubs,etc.

Still waiting to do that first long distance trip.

Good Luck!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #11

storage space

We have had our new 34e on one trip that lasted 11 days and the
Coach did everything we wanted except having enough storage
Space. We have to put 2 anti gravity lounge chairs in the motorhome. Where to store them without them being in the way is a constant problem. I would call 56 cu ft limited
Les & Carla, Dixie the gentle giant Great Pyr, Remy the Pyr/Lab and Chester the wonder dog Yorkie. 2014 Hurricane 34E, 2014 Ford Focus Toad, Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar, 2013 John Deere 3032E, 2015 John Deere 1023,
THS Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have owned a 2014 34E for almost a year now, (picked her up last November).

It's a great floorplan! I have two kids that sleep in the front. And they can choose where they feel like sleeping depending on the length of stay, (any combination of the dinette, the overhead drop-down bunk bed, or the fold out couch), and they have their own bathroom. The adults sleep in the rear with their own separate bathroom!

When used for tailgating, I simply close off the bedroom door, and all people stay in the living area using the front bathroom. No traffic through the bedroom!

We picked her up in Florida and brought her home to California, and she handled very well, and with plenty of power, (for those 80mph states, with trucks still passing, just a little bit of wind wobble).

There is plenty of storage in the 34E. In the large rear bin under the bed slide-out I store a mid-size Weber Q2000 grill, and folding beach chairs, and a very-very large paella pan. The front pass-through bin I store a folding adjustable height large table on the street side and four folding camp chairs on the curb side, and more stuff in the bins themselves. I use the second pass-through for fishing poles and small folding campsite side tables, and there is room in the bins also.

There is additional interior storage under the dinette table, (just remove the factory shipping screws holding the boards, they do have lift tabs). And, there is more storage behind the folding bed/couch.

There is absolutely no problem connecting a Y to the two black drains, (they are on either side of the rear tire).
BeachDude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricane, thor