Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2020, 11:50 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Thor Motor coach Quantum kw29

Recently purchased the 2020 version with a stackable washer dryer.
Pick up is July 2020.
Does anyone else have one.
Tips,thoughts please.
travel5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2020, 09:49 AM   #2

Smile Just purchased Quantum kw29

We also just purchased a Quantum kw29. Please let us know how you are doing with your and whether there are any tricks/recommendations you could make.
cmherkenrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:43 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Hi has been a longtime since I visited IRV2.
We went out to check on the motor home today. Can’t wait to take it out this May. Planning a trip from Ontario to Alberta. When’s your next trip? Where are you going?
Old 03-08-2021, 03:06 AM   #4

Enjoy your new rig!
Old 05-10-2021, 02:19 AM   #5

Response to tips regarding Thor Quantum

Just took our first long trip, Phoenix to San Diego, in our new 2021 Thor Quantum KW29. The wind in the mountains and from the semis passing nearly pushed us off the road. I thought it was alignment so I had to take it to Ford Dealer in Phoenix. (Dealer did not do alignments and Ford/Thor's warranty won't cover alignments.) I complained that there was something really wrong about that and the La Mesa RV G.M. kindly offered to pay 1/2. Ford did 2 alignments charging $475 and I still have a wandering RV. Then I did some research and I took it to an independent RV Truck Alignment expert in Phoenix, Firebird Tire. They listened to my description of the symptoms and told me that I needed a Rear Trac Bar made by SuperSteer. They ordered it from the factory without asking me for a penny. It should arrive next week and I will have it installed at their first opening. (About $675 installed plus tax and I think they will include a free alignment. We will see.) (Their expertise is in great demand and I can't schedule an install date until the part arrives.) Hopefully in the next week or two I can give you a report on the successful resolution. Its been a week since our trip and the color is just starting to come back into my knuckles.
CircuitRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 03:49 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CircuitRider View Post
Just took our first long trip, Phoenix to San Diego, in our new 2021 Thor Quantum KW29. The wind in the mountains and from the semis passing nearly pushed us off the road. I thought it was alignment so I had to take it to Ford Dealer in Phoenix. (Dealer did not do alignments and Ford/Thor's warranty won't cover alignments.) I complained that there was something really wrong about that and the La Mesa RV G.M. kindly offered to pay 1/2. Ford did 2 alignments charging $475 and I still have a wandering RV. Then I did some research and I took it to an independent RV Truck Alignment expert in Phoenix, Firebird Tire. They listened to my description of the symptoms and told me that I needed a Rear Trac Bar made by SuperSteer. They ordered it from the factory without asking me for a penny. It should arrive next week and I will have it installed at their first opening. (About $675 installed plus tax and I think they will include a free alignment. We will see.) (Their expertise is in great demand and I can't schedule an install date until the part arrives.) Hopefully in the next week or two I can give you a report on the successful resolution. Its been a week since our trip and the color is just starting to come back into my knuckles.
You have to get up to a heavy RV before you are not affected by the wind. Nature of the beast. Have you ever tried to carry a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood in the wind? Driving an RV can be like that. You have a large surface area for the wind to push against and if the wind is perpendicular to your direction of travel it can be trying. Other factors like the ratio of your wheel base to the overall length can also make a difference. If you have a long overhang out past the rear axle it creates a fulcrum affect and the wind pushing on that overhang can change the direction your front wheels are pointing. The Trac Bar should help with that. One thing you can do to reduce stress is to slow down. Driving 70 MPH in the wind will be a lot more stressful than driving 60 MPH.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 05:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircuitRider View Post

May be apples and oranges but we have installed rear track bars on our last two coaches (F53 chassis). Huge improvement in handling in wind and passing trucks.
Old 05-30-2021, 02:06 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Our goal is to leave Ontario for Alberta in July. We had 2019 Palazzoo 33.3 for one year and than sold and purchased a 2020 QuantumKW29 in 2020. We drove it back from Alberta. Anyway were going to keep the info you shared about the RearTracBar. Question I have is we have two electric bikes. Has anyone purchased a bike rack for such bikes? Any recommendations? Thanks in Advance.
Old 05-04-2022, 11:58 AM   #9

RV Trip Wizard
Air in Waterlines after dewinterizing

We have a 2021 kw29 that was winterized last year by a local RV Repair shop. I videoed the entire process but now after dewinterizing we seem to be pulling air into the waterlines but only when using the fresh water tank, city water has no air. I'm sure I missed a valve that needs to be turned but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out which one. Hopefully someone in the forum can shed some light on this. I appreciate any suggestions offered and will post the solution when it is resolved.
TClayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 05:08 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TClayJ View Post
We have a 2021 kw29 that was winterized last year by a local RV Repair shop. I videoed the entire process but now after dewinterizing we seem to be pulling air into the waterlines but only when using the fresh water tank, city water has no air. I'm sure I missed a valve that needs to be turned but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out which one. Hopefully someone in the forum can shed some light on this. I appreciate any suggestions offered and will post the solution when it is resolved.
There is a short hose that is placed in the antifreeze and then the water pump is used to distribute the antifreeze through out the water lines. There is a valve that must be turned so the pump transfers antifreeze from the jug. Look for that valve and make sure it is closed off.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor, thor, thor motor coach