Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2016, 04:54 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Thor Siesta 24 ST

We are not yet Thor owners. But we are seriously looking at the Thor Siesta 24 ST with the optional theater recliner seating. I would really like to find anyone who already owns this motorhome to find out what they think of it.

We recently saw one at an RV show in Atlanta and loved the setup. Currently we have a 35' class A and always sit at the dinette anyway. We have been looking for ideas for our next motorhome and thought we'd need something in the same, 35' size range but now think this would be much better for our needs.

After all, at our age any size RV only sleeps 2 anyway!

Does anyone know anything about the Siesta 24 ST? I know that it is a Mercedes diesel, is 25', is listed as both a Class B & C, & we love the design, the recliners, & the twin beds, convertible to a king.

I don't know much about Thor.

Thanks for your help.

Dick
Dick1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2016, 12:47 PM   #2

We are looking at the Thor Sprinter Citation. There is more information on the Sprinter chassis forum.
Leslie
ilesliemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:15 AM   #3

Just bought a 24ST a couple of months ago. What kind of questions do you have.
Thor Tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:17 PM   #4

Smile Citation rs

We picked our rear slide a week ago and have had one trip. Mostly love it. Quieter than the the 10 year old Isata it replaced. Takes bumps in the road lots better. Love the side opening basement storage doors. Having difficulty trying to figure out how to deal with a toilet where my feet DO NOT touch the ground. Looking for a folding stool. We are looking to have lots of happy miles in this. We got Breezy Blue, and because we tow a red car it looks quite jaunty. My husband read the manuals so he can answer questions!
Leslie
ilesliemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:57 PM   #5

We are also considering downsizing to a Siesta/Citation ST or the comparable Winnebago View/Navion V. The latter are a fair bit more expensive than the Thor products but on the same chassis. Have you made the same comparison?
VictorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:36 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Tour View Post
Just bought a 24ST a couple of months ago. What kind of questions do you have.
I apologize for not getting back to this forum and all the responses but we've been busier than expected with the purchase of a house.

What we are curious about is the quality of the 24ST and how people who now own it like it.

As I said, in our 35' Winnebago class A, the 2 of us tend to sit at the dinette all the time to talk all the time and not really utilize all the space. We love the idea of the optional reclining theater seating and the smaller size RV. But know that comes with much less interior and exterior storage.

We would simply like to know what ownes' experiences with the 24ST have been, good or bad.

Thanks.

Dick
Old 02-20-2016, 06:37 AM   #7

24ST

Yes we love the theater seating. We have only made one trip so far due to the winter arriving. Hope to dewinterize next month to take out again. Plenty of power and great fuel mileage from the Mercedes.There is only the two of us and one cat, this is all we need. Did find out during the winterizing where the water tank, hot water heater and water filter is located, under the mattress area.
Thor Tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:53 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Tour View Post
Yes we love the theater seating. We have only made one trip so far due to the winter arriving. Hope to dewinterize next month to take out again. Plenty of power and great fuel mileage from the Mercedes.There is only the two of us and one cat, this is all we need. Did find out during the winterizing where the water tank, hot water heater and water filter is located, under the mattress area.
Thank you very much. That is what we were looking for. We wanted to know what owners of the ST, with the theater seating thought of it. We'll probably be looking into it very soon to replace our 35 footer.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:04 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
Purchased 2016 Thor Siesta Sprinter 24ST in June 2015, now have just over 10,000 miles. Trips to Niagara Falls, Blue Ridge Parkway, Maryland Eastern Shore and South Carolina.
All problems have been resolved by the dealer.
Most problems were minor, (torn cushion, wrinkled decal, latch missing a screw, etc) One was more serious, the furnace door was designed with louvers that went in and funneled rain into the coach. Atwood's design, not Thor's. Door assembly was replaced. Also furnace quit one cold night, a 4 pin connector had separated cutting power to the furnace. (Once located only needed to be snapped back together)
The theater seats are nice, comfortable. They do not fully recline but are great for watching TV. The cabinetry this year has high gloss wood construction.
Some good features on the 24ST model, more cabinets inside, especially in the bedroom, it has overhead cabinets on both sides and across the back wall. (Models 24SR & SS with the Queen bed in the slide only have 3 cabinets in the bedroom slideout, none on the sides).
The ST has the microwave located above the stove. (It's below the stove in some models and you lose 2 drawers.) The ST has the most external storage with a large pass through compartment behind/under the bedroom.
The Sprinter chassis is very smooth, easy to handle and to set-up in the campground. Previous RV was class A DP and we towed the Suzuki everywhere. Have not used a Toad with the sprinter, and only rented a car at Niagara, easier to visit the Canadian side of the falls.
Hope this helps...
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:45 AM   #10

New Thor Siesta 24 ST Owner

I'm totally new to RVing and this is my first purchase. My daughter picked it up for me so I never received a walk through. I tried to dewinterize it and was totally confused. Reading manual, booklets, YouTube videos didn't help. I was successful in filling water tank but not in flushing and draining. Quote it was winterized but I saw nothing to indicate it was. I didn't use water or toilet as a result. Thor Concierge has contacted me but I haven't responded yet. Any suggestions?

On a side note I love how it handles, gas mileage, layout for my 14 year old granddaughter and I plus my 95 pound dog to live in this summer. She loves the space while on the road and he sat in front seat! I'm still playing with supplies and organization. I drove it to and from DC to Long Island last weekend and found a rear window leak in the bedroom.
jrizzo406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:28 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Believe it or not, we have JUST purchased our Siesta Sprinter 24ST. We were delayed due to some health problems, on my part, but after a recent (and short lived) effort to make do with a small trailer, we finally decided that we're too old to go without our comforts. Our motorhome is a used 2019 with only 4,000 miles and we pick it up in 10 days.

Again, thanks for all the previous help and advice.

Tags
thor