Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2015, 11:03 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
TPMS Recommendation (s)

I am looking to invest in a good TPMS and was curious what you may recommend (if you have a system). Any pros / cons to go along with those recommendations? Thanks everyone.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2015, 11:24 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Tire SafeGuard

One of the best compared to all the rest. Comes pre-programmed and so easy to install and setup.

It's closest competitor is the TST system but frankly I think the Tire SafeGuard TPMS is a far better system than the TST TPMS.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:45 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I bought a TST flow thru (the flow thrus don't work well so I usually just remove them to add or let out air) system in Feb 2012 with 6 sensors. One sensor failed within 6 months and they promptly replaced it. In Feb 2013, when we were leaving to go to FL for a few weeks, the monitor just displayed gibberish. Again, it was promptly replaced under warranty but we didn't have any TPMS for the trip.....and had a flat as we were leaving a RV Show. Didn't know it but luckily someone flagged us down before we got out of the parking lot.

Now, I've lost one sensor (long story but totally my fault) and have 2 with splits in the cases that are wrapped in electrical tape right now. Since they are only sold in pairs, I have to buy 4 for ~$200.

This system seems to function well (when its there and working) and customer service was great but I think I'm going to buy a new EEZ System for $289 (and you can buy 1 sensor for $42) instead of replacing sensors on the TST. EEZ system is here TPMS SYSTEM (6 SENSOR) and has a 3 yr vs the TST 2 yr warranty. Search IRV2 and you'll find quite a few threads on TPMS but I haven't read anything negative about EEZ or Pressure Pro.

Good luck on whatever you decide!
Old 03-29-2015, 12:15 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
I am one of the first to run the TST system. I had them prior to TST taking over as the US Distributor. I have had no problems with the 507 system, the previous 510 (I think) lasted 5+ years. Switched to the 507 because I could change the batteries. They are supposed to be good for a year, but I'm on my third year since I installed batteries I bought through Amazon. What I really like about them is the tool you use to install them or if you want, you can remove the outer shell and put them on/off by hand. So If someone wants to "borrow" one they need the tool or something else to get them off.

BTW, those of us who bought these from the previous distributor and had problems were all taken care of by TST at no cost.

I also like that I can set the high/lows for psi and temp. and not rely on factory settings (usually 10%).

Talk to folks who have systems installed and see what they have to say. If you see me I'd be glad to show you how the monitor captures each tire on the MH and Toad.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:16 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by neschultz View Post

I bought a TST flow thru (the flow thrus don't work well so I usually just remove them to add or let out air) system in Feb 2012 with 6 sensors. One sensor failed within 6 months and they promptly replaced it.
I will not run Flow-Through Sensors. Mine are all Cap sensors including the Tire SafeGuard TPMS I recently bought for my motorcycle.

I see NO benefit whatsoever for using such large sensors flying around the outside or your wheel. If air has to be added or removed you have to remove the CAP to do it. So basically there is NO difference removing the cap or removing the CAP sensor to accomplish the task.

Personally I think the Flow-Through sensors are a big marketing hype plus they are about twice the size or larger than the CAP sensors'

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:48 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
TST

TST has a 3 year warranty not 2. EEZRV is a direct knock off to TST. TST has customer support open until midnight 7 days a week until midnight. TST was also the first to introduce the FT Sensor and the user replaceable battery. I would be leary buying from 2 guys riding around in an RV with no permanent location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neschultz View Post
I bought a TST flow thru (the flow thrus don't work well so I usually just remove them to add or let out air) system in Feb 2012 with 6 sensors. One sensor failed within 6 months and they promptly replaced it. In Feb 2013, when we were leaving to go to FL for a few weeks, the monitor just displayed gibberish. Again, it was promptly replaced under warranty but we didn't have any TPMS for the trip.....and had a flat as we were leaving a RV Show. Didn't know it but luckily someone flagged us down before we got out of the parking lot.

Now, I've lost one sensor (long story but totally my fault) and have 2 with splits in the cases that are wrapped in electrical tape right now. Since they are only sold in pairs, I have to buy 4 for ~$200.

This system seems to function well (when its there and working) and customer service was great but I think I'm going to buy a new EEZ System for $289 (and you can buy 1 sensor for $42) instead of replacing sensors on the TST. EEZ system is here TPMS SYSTEM (6 SENSOR) and has a 3 yr vs the TST 2 yr warranty. Search IRV2 and you'll find quite a few threads on TPMS but I haven't read anything negative about EEZ or Pressure Pro.

Good luck on whatever you decide!
TST System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:42 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for that info. When I bought my system in May of 2012 it did only come with a 2 yr warranty. But I just called and Mike said he would replace the 3 with split cases (I thought it was 2 in my earlier post) in warranty and he let me buy just the one I need to replace the one I lost. That's excellent customer service.

Thank you TST!
Old 04-02-2015, 03:50 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Up until we got the Magna I was using a TST system and will put it on the Magna when the built in SmarTire system fails.
On the TST system I used two of the cap sensors on the front tires due to their location and then the flow through on the rear where I had more room since they are longer.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:54 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
We have the TST TPMS and are very happy with it. Mike was great getting back to us with info and so far after 2 years, the system has been perfect. I like the fact that the battery in the unit can be replaced immediately. I was amazed at the swing in tire temperature and change in PSI. I would not move the rig without a TPMS in place.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:17 AM   #10

I just bought TST a few weeks ago. had major fluctuations in tire pressure secondary to severe temperature changes in altitude changes, however 1 rear tire in the morning was way down. I thought I might have a leak from the sensor , however I had a leekie valve stem and had to get it replaced. much happier to get it replaced at a leisurely pace, rather than finding out on the road or even worse having a blowout. system is working great so far over several thousand miles last trip
Cspringsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:50 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
I purchased and installed the Pressure Pro system way back on 08 and it has worked perfectly from the get go. I've had it on two different motor homes and three different toads. The monitor is a little larger than most and is easy to read, adjust, and attach where it is most acceptable for you.

Since this is an older model, it does not have the temperature sensing sensors. Also, I am now starting to get a bad reading from one of the sensors (right rear on the toad) which is further from the monitor than then rest...so maybe it is only a distance problem. However since the sensors are now 7 years old, I will probably trade them all in for new ones.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:48 PM   #12

I run with the InnoTech system, and have sensors on all 6 tires and 4 on the Jeep. The only thing I really want is the early warning if a tire is going down, and with this system, I can get pulled over before a tire tears apart and rips a fender off the Jeep. Kind of a pain in the A, but I'm glad I have it.
Thorchini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:00 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Guess I should add: I used to be a Pressure Pro distributor/dealer but I went to the TST system on the Dutch Star as I think it's better. When my SmarTire system quits on the Magna and no more parts are available I'll put the TST system on
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:14 PM   #14

Agree--TST has been very good to me....you do need to use a 1/4 wrench the flat facets on the metal stem to tighten the flow thru sensors--using the sensor case itself will/can break them....also agree that the TST sensors are particular about getting a good seal on the inside dual valve stem extensions.....takes patience to get it right...
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote