Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2017, 11:47 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Tuscany 2018 Sneak Peek

Walk through of a new Tuscany 38SQ...lots of updates coming for 2018 models:

We are not affiliated.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2017, 05:20 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
One Tuscany 38SQ drawback

Going to the side radiator reduced the coach by one cargo bay. Thus now the engine and Coach batteries [8 qty] are now located in the bottom of the rear clothes closet inside. So to check the batteries one has to empty the closet and remove the cover of the specially designed Vented compartment to get to them for service. I would go with a set of sealed AGM's to preclude access. [ not lithium's as they are not compatible with the firefly multiplex system at this time] It does spread the weight of the batteries across back of coach so that is a plus.

Noted the theater seat has a leg support but the back of seat stays in same upright position. A reclining wall hugger would be a better choice.

Don
Don Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:09 AM   #3

- Girard roof mount Awnings! finally, a Thor diesel model that brings that upscale look

- front drop down bunk option - a very nice addition for those who want sleeping options without the need to open up couches! (hopefully there's still room to exit the coach)

- side radiator! finally, a Thor diesel model that is a true higher-end diesel platform - and easy access to the engine

- QD10,000 generator - enough the fill the needs of any size coach

go ahead and order me one!
(wait... I also like the new Fleetwood Discovery LXE, the new Entegra Aspire, and the recently announced new Newmar NewAire! .... get me one of each!)
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:04 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Awesome new features. I would absolutely love to upgrade my 2013 Tuscany 40EX, but the money lost to do an upgrade makes it financially impossible for us. Not to mention the registration fees would double again (we pay 2500 in AZ now). I think it would be nice to get a new coach but have to stop and be wise about it sooner or later. To those of you who upgrade every few years, kudos to you for setting yourselves up financially to do that.
Agaveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:27 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here is a video on the 2018 Tuscany 38SQ.

https://www.facebook.com/ThorMotorCo...5807496100780/
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:31 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just blows my mind a company as large as Thor can't get someone who actually knows how to use a video camera, mic set up, and edit video properly SMH
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:11 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DegoRed View Post
Just blows my mind a company as large as Thor can't get someone who actually knows how to use a video camera, mic set up, and edit video properly SMH
Errrr....that was their "FaceBook Live" effort. And the OP was a dealership video.

Don't think anyone should be expecting finished market quality production on FaceBook Live.
https://www.facebook.com/ThorMotorCo...5807496100780/

But that level of effort is done by Thor Motor Coach on their YouTube channel like last year's overview of the 2017 Tuscany:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ThorMotorCoach

We are not affilitated
Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:16 AM   #8
KC

The photo on Thor's web site stills shows 2017.

KC