Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2016, 06:46 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Tuscany 45AT 2015

Any good or bad reviews would be welcomend.
Getting ready to pull the trigger on this one.It's a used coach with 9000 miles so not used much.Buying from Gaint RV in Southern California
DaveyD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2016, 12:21 AM   #2

Mine is behaving this far. I would recommend it but you'll need to do your due diligence. If the unit is over 12 months old, you will still have engine , transmission and frame warranty.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:00 AM   #3

We have several 45AT owners in the Thor Diesel Club (TDC) and I do not recall anyone with any issues that they talk about openly.

I would suggest that you check out the TDC at: Home
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:49 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Have a 2014 Tuscany 40RX, similar to that but without tag. At 2+ years and 24,000 miles, we're still happy with our choice. There were a few initial QC issues, but all cleared up within the first few months under warranty.

If you're buying used, hopefully any initial glitches will have been addressed. However, make sure you're getting a fair price for the unit -- MHSRV in Texas, for instance, sells them new for at least 25% off MSRP, so you should be paying substantially less than that for a used one.
Crabby Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:26 PM   #5

We've had our 2015 45AT since this time last year and we now have ~24,000 miles on it after visiting the lower 48 states. One disappointing thing is the lack of quality control by Thor before they shipped the unit. We had to fix the Aquahot heater that was wired incorrectly, reinstall the microwave that vented to the inside instead of outside, replace some missing electrical parts for the whole house vacuum, among other smaller items. By reading these message boards it seems it's an industry wide problem so I guess Thor is probably a good choice since you seem to get more for your money.
[moderator edit]Happy travels.
JEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:18 AM   #6

I bought from giant Rv Murrieta California. It was a 2013 Thor Tuscany 45 lt....

worst experience ever. They completely lied about everything. Even there head gm of the store told me they
We're going to do the alignment and balancing of the front end and many other things and Never did and said they did . Delivery was a joke
We knew more about the functions on the coach then there x con employees... Don't give them a dime until every thing on the delivery is complete and do not PAY more than you should.. They will try and hose you for retail. 40% under sticker is where you should be around. . Thor Tuscany's bring the lesser value on the nada book then any other coach on the market. I learned the the hard way. Dealers will tell you this if you ask them...

(Mod edit)
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:58 AM   #7

Nothing but good experience as well. This is our fourth cosch and the best one out of the four.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Mike View Post
(Regarding the last paragraph) perhaps some facts there, but mostly your opinions ... and I would disagree with most of them. Sorry if you had a bad experience with a Tuscany, but mine has been the opposite of yours.
X2 for us, we love our Tuscany! We live full time and traveled 14K miles in 2015 and looking for another big travel year for 2016!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:45 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
We have a '13 Tuscany XTE 40EX, bought it used from a dealer. Had some service issues totally not related to coach quality that were finally worked out. After that we have been enjoying our Tuscany. We really like it.

And ours is a real diesel pusher built upon the same Freightliner chassis as it's peers.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another, and would recommend potential buyers to consider one. A lot of one's experience is the based on the service their dealer provides.

(Mod edits made)
Agaveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:07 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
I do feel the Tuscany is made with just as good of components as it's peers. Our '13 40EX has the Cummins 360/800 package with the Allison 3000, dual Coleman 15k heat pumps, dual 20k Atwood gas furnaces, Dometic masterflush toilets, Sony TVs, Dimplex fireplace, Whirlpool residential refrigerator and micro convection, the same gas cooktop everyone uses, Magnum 2k inverter, Fantastic fan w/remote, Onan 8k genny, 4 house batteries, 10g water heater, automatic shore power winder, Lippert hydraulic FWS and automatic levelers, Lippert entry step, full slide-out in basement, side swinging cargo doors, in motion satellite, wall to wall porcelain tile, the same captains chairs and couch/inflatable bed as everyone uses, King bed, Carefree automatic armless awnings, outside TV, full body paint/clearcoat...you get the idea.

I have looked at a lot of RVs in the last year and they all use these same components. If you step up to a Dutch Star or Allegro Bus or Tour, they do have some very nice features but are definitely out of the league of the Tuscany. (The '16 Tuscany may be the exception as Thor has stepped up their game a bit) I don't know about Entegra, there are no dealers near me and I have not seen a used one around.

To my knowledge there are no coach builders using solid hard wood cabinet frames in a coach less than $300k, but I may be wrong about that.

FWIW, we picked up our gently used Tuscany 40EX at a show last year, it was $160k. A lot less than the $277 msrp it had when new. Ours had 15k on the odometer and was in pristine condition with zero odd odors inside. We didn't shop around much and bought this one quickly once we saw it, there were a few buyers scrambling to get financing in order, we just happened to get there first.

We would have liked an Aquahot and 450hp but the price jump was too steep. As it turns out the 360 does a good job.

Personally I think the Tuscany is definitely not entry level but not exactly high end either, somewhere in between is just about right. I'm confident in 20 years ours will still be taking a family to someplace new.

(Mod edits made)
Agaveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:34 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Exclamation Thread warning

Several posts were removed or edited for entering into and responding in a Brand-War...which is specifically prohibited by the Community Rules.

Thanks for understanding
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote