RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2015, 11:46 AM   #1

Tuscany Water Schematic

I purchased a 2014 Tuscany XTE 36MQ in December and just took it out of storage for checking things out. The wet bay has a panel with two 3-way valves. One is labeled NORMAL AND WINTER BYPASS. The other is labeled CITY WATER AND TANK FILL. It is hard to see the layout without removing the entire panel but I did see what appears to be two small ball valves just behind the panel. I can also see the bottom of the fresh water tank just behind the panel. There is a filter mounted to the front of the panel.

If anyone has a schematic or can talk me through the layout it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, in advance, for any help.

hikersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2015, 11:53 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
I have no schematic, and I wish I could walk you thru, but the cycles of winterizing/de-winterizing I've been thru, I had to stumble throughout the process. There's a few more line valves behind the panel. I remove the panel (it's only a few screws) I use "valve logic" to firgure which ones should be open/closed.
I should make notes as I do it, but it's really not that bad.

MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:06 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Normal and Winter Bypass valve is to by pass your filter system in the winter when you winterize the unit. Remove the canister and dump out the water, place the valve in Winter Bypass and replace the canister and filter. If you blow out your lines or pump anti-freeze in your system this will by pass that filter thus saving your anti-freeze and not put air pressure on the filter itself
The City Water and Tank fill valve is not exactly as it reads HA, Turn to city water when your hose is connected and you are using the campground hydrant or any water faucet. You will not need the pump for that.
The tank fill is when you want to use water from your on board potable water tank. Remember the water pump must be turned on in order to pressure up your lines.
I have tried to fill the tank through the TANK FILL valve position with a city water line attached with no success. I just fill my tank with a hose in the fill up tube on the water tank on the other side of the coach.

Hope this helps let us know what happens good luck
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:10 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hikersc,
That being said I just re read your question and you stated that you could see you Fresh water tank behind the panel. Is that the Fresh water tank or the gray tank, I have a 2014 Tuscany XTE 40EX diesel pusher and my water tank is on the passenger side with a 2" fill up tube like on a fuel tank.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by camato5 View Post
Hikersc,
That being said I just re read your question and you stated that you could see you Fresh water tank behind the panel. Is that the Fresh water tank or the gray tank, I have a 2014 Tuscany XTE 40EX diesel pusher and my water tank is on the passenger side with a 2" fill up tube like on a fuel tank.
It is the bottom of the fresh water tank (translucent plastic) that I see below the panel. This was verified by using the Tank Fill valve position while connected to city water to fill the tank (I can see the level in the tank increasing through the plastic). This confuses me as you said that you could not fill your fresh water tank in this manner. As further verification, I was able to dump the fresh water tank after filling using the valve on the far left that dumps out below the wet bay. I also have the fill on the passenger side as the upper portion of the tank extends across the coach. Around the cover, I can see a few tubes attached to the top of the tank that appear to be for overflow protection.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:07 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
You're correct HikerSC,,,you're looking at the fresh tank (white) below the panel. The gray & black tanks are above it. (Look up behind the panel, you'll see the gray tank to your left & black tank to your right). My "tank fill/city water" simply diverts water between filling the tank & supplying water to the coach freshwater plumbing system.
I hope to be able to break my unit out of winterization this Sunday (3/29) If the temps cooperate, I'll do it & document my steps.
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:56 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikersc View Post
It is the bottom of the fresh water tank (translucent plastic) that I see below the panel. This was verified by using the Tank Fill valve position while connected to city water to fill the tank (I can see the level in the tank increasing through the plastic). This confuses me as you said that you could not fill your fresh water tank in this manner. As further verification, I was able to dump the fresh water tank after filling using the valve on the far left that dumps out below the wet bay. I also have the fill on the passenger side as the upper portion of the tank extends across the coach. Around the cover, I can see a few tubes attached to the top of the tank that appear to be for overflow protection.
My Tuscany is like yours then, That handle you pulled to dump your fresh water tank should be a white one, the gray is for the gray water tank and the black for the black tank. I will try to fill my tank the way you did. When we tried it at one of the dealers who was working on another problem, he said it would not fill. I never really tried it because it seems faster to use the fill up tube but now that my FW tank is empty, I will try to fill it that way. It will be handy if it works, and I am sure it will, to top off the pot water tank at the camp site while hooked up to the city water.

Just a warning, I always carry fresh water in my tank, I have arrived at some campsites and the water has a lot of iron etc in it. Now I always turn on the faucet at the campsite and smell it before hooking up my hose.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckSavage View Post
You're correct HikerSC,,,you're looking at the fresh tank (white) below the panel. The gray & black tanks are above it. (Look up behind the panel, you'll see the gray tank to your left & black tank to your right). My "tank fill/city water" simply diverts water between filling the tank & supplying water to the coach freshwater plumbing system.
I hope to be able to break my unit out of winterization this Sunday (3/29) If the temps cooperate, I'll do it & document my steps.
My panel has lots of screws but I attempted to look using a mirror and feeling around. I generated the attached sketch (please excuse the quality) but I was unable to see everything. If you have a chance to look it would be good to know for future reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tuscany Water Schematic.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	89513  
Old 03-25-2015, 08:14 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by camato5 View Post
My Tuscany is like yours then, That handle you pulled to dump your fresh water tank should be a white one, the gray is for the gray water tank and the black for the black tank. I will try to fill my tank the way you did. When we tried it at one of the dealers who was working on another problem, he said it would not fill. I never really tried it because it seems faster to use the fill up tube but now that my FW tank is empty, I will try to fill it that way. It will be handy if it works, and I am sure it will, to top off the pot water tank at the camp site while hooked up to the city water.

Just a warning, I always carry fresh water in my tank, I have arrived at some campsites and the water has a lot of iron etc in it. Now I always turn on the faucet at the campsite and smell it before hooking up my hose.
If my drawing is correct (see above post), adding water to the fresh tank via the city water inlet will go through the filter so you should start with good clean water. In my 5th wheel both the city water and fresh tank pump utilized the filter. It looks like this is a different setup.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
If my drawing is correct (see above post), adding water to the fresh tank via the city water inlet will go through the filter so you should start with good clean water. In my 5th wheel both the city water and fresh tank pump utilized the filter. It looks like this is a different setup.
My MH is still in the barn and I have it ready to take on water. All valves are opened and by pass valves are closed. I will pull it out in a few days, connect water to it and see if the water goes through the filter then into the tank. It may go directly into the tank then pass through the filter before entering the coach. I will let you know.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:04 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
hikersc,
Just pulled my MH from the barn after it hibernated all winter. I hooked the hose to the city water inlet and left the valve turned to "tank fill" You were correct and it did fill the pot water tank that way. So now I know I can fill the tank through the fill up on the tank OR through the city water connection. Learned something new ha

Tags
water