Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2016, 05:16 PM   #1

Carolina Campers
Tuscany XTE Model To Be Discontinued

I've heard, and have verified that Thor will stop making the Tuscany XTE models. My question for this learned forum is the following:
1)Why is it being discontinued?
2)How does this affect resale values?
3)Is it customary for models to be discontinued?
4)How would this affect the buying price's of the 2017 Models?

Also, not sure how long the XTE's have been on the market?

Thanks
Capt. Rich
captain rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2016, 06:44 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
According to info I got from a Thor factory tour last month, it's being replaced by a yet-to-be-named new brand. There was at least 1 prototype coach on the factory floor, but I was not allowed to get inside any of them & trying to get near one got me rounded up by our tour guide.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:52 PM   #3

They may just change it slightly and rename it. I always thought it was confusing to have a Tuscany and a Tuscany XTE model when I first got my Tuscany
Old 10-15-2016, 07:22 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
At the Thor Diesel Club Rally held earlier this month we learned that the Aria is the new model. The Aria will be the model between the Palazzo and the Venetian. It does have some neat standard features that even the Tuscany or Venetian models do not currently have.

One of the major reasons for Thor to discontinue the XTE model was because of the confusion by dealers and consumers of their flagship Tuscany. Many of these people did not distinguish between the Tuscany and the Tuscany XTE. And some felt the XTE represented a higher level of the Tuscany, which of course is not true.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:52 AM   #5

Carolina Campers
Thanks for all the replies

It does look like the Aria, might be replacing the XTE. I found a You Tube on it:

Very similar, but I did notice it did not mention having a Wineguard Satelite Antenna. It makes no sense to have a coch at that price without that feature???
I'll contact the factory for further details.

Very similar to the Tuscany XTE 36MQ? Getting anxious to make the purchase, and hit the road soon.
Rich
captain rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:22 AM   #6

yes, it looks like the branding steps will be:

(diesel line):
-Palazzo... 35' -38'
-Aria... 36' - 40'
-Venetian...38' - 43'
-Tuscany(some tag axles) ...40'-45'

...the interesting addition is the optional drop-down front bunk on the FRONT ENTRY models - it uses Thor's new 'seat belt' drop-down system - no more schwintek rails.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:58 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain rich View Post
It does look like the Aria, might be replacing the XTE. I found a You Tube on it:

Very similar, but I did notice it did not mention having a Wineguard Satelite Antenna. It makes no sense to have a coch at that price without that feature???
I'll contact the factory for further details.

Very similar to the Tuscany XTE 36MQ? Getting anxious to make the purchase, and hit the road soon.
Rich
The Aria 3601 is similar to the 36MQ. The satellite antenna is an option on the XTE models a!so. They made some '17 XTE 36MQs so if you like that model you may be able to find one somewhere.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:58 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
The Aria was one of the "prototypes" on the factory floor I was trying to get a peek of, when our tour guide steered me away from it. I asked if that was going to be a new offering & all our guide would say is "not all prototypes end up as production models.". Guess he just didn't want to/or couldn't let the cat out of the bag at the time.

Lori-
Old 10-16-2016, 06:45 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Tuscany XTE Model To Be Discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
yes, it looks like the branding steps will be:

(diesel line):
-Palazzo... 35' -38'
-Aria... 36' - 40'
-Venetian...38' - 43'
-Tuscany(some tag axles) ...40'-45'

...the interesting addition is the optional drop-down front bunk on the FRONT ENTRY models - it uses Thor's new 'seat belt' drop-down system - no more schwintek rails.

I did a walk-through of the new Aria.
There were somethings I did like and some I did not.
It is a step down from the XTE in my option.
There is also a new 38 foot model of the Tuscany that's great. Believe that is the model replacing the MQ.
Don't know why the MQ is discontinued. They seem to be selling. Same thing happened to our 33.1 palazzo.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:49 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
The Aria was one of the "prototypes" on the factory floor I was trying to get a peek of, when our tour guide steered me away from it. I asked if that was going to be a new offering & all our guide would say is "not all prototypes end up as production models.". Guess he just didn't want to/or couldn't let the cat out of the bag at the time.

Lori-
I think that Thor wanted to keep the Aria under wraps until their open house which was just before the Thor Diesel Club's rally. At the TDC rally they only had the 3601 model but not the 3901. The 3601 has a front drop down bunk bed which is also in the Venetian.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:08 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
...There is also a new 38 foot model of the Tuscany that's great. Believe that is the model replacing the MQ...
That's the one I toured at Total Value RV in Elkhart while at the iRV2 rally. I couldn't get into the bedroom with the slide closed that I posted about in the I'm too fat! thread. The passenger slide is relatively deep & when closed, the space between the pantry & the mid-bath wall was too narrow for me to get through, even going sideways. I didn't try it, but you might be able to go through the mid-bath other door but I remember the bed end cut part of that off when it butted up against the driver-side wall.

I really wish these lower price point models would come with electric cord & water hose reels installed. It's only available on the Tuscany level. I put them aftermarket on my Bounder & will not go back to manually coiling up those snakes.

I still prefer the Venetian, but would like to see an Aria up close, to compare.

One question, does 360hp/800 ft/lb work well enough for a 40ft coach pulling a toad for these models? Many other mfr's I'm resesarching at are closer to 400hp/1050 ft/lb. We like RV-ing the mountains of WV & TN. I don't need to blow by everyone on the interstate, but don't want to be the one holding up traffic behind me either.

Lori-