Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2023, 05:59 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hurricane View Post
cold air intake, alot to chose from, S&B, ROTO-FAB, JLT, VOLANT MAX FLOW, FLOWMASTER DELTA FORCE, SPECTRA PERFORMANCE, K&N, ROUSH, CORSA, aFe Momentum Pro 5, AEM, HALLTECH KILLER BEE MF103, SIKKY, , LSP, DINAN, BBK, TRICK FLOW, BANKS POWER, STEEDA, IJEN, COBB , INJEN, AIRAID, DIABLO, AF DYNAMICS, ARES...NOW I NEED TO PICK OUT ONE FOR MY RIG.. Any suggestions...
I'd look at the bigger trusted brand names starting with Banks. Banks is an engineers engineer. Narrow choice to 2
ChrisDParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2023, 09:20 PM   #86

gas mielage improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood27 View Post
Have you tried searching IRV2 for fuel mileage improvements? It's been debated since its creation. If there were some magical elixir, it would have been found, and every RV owner and manufacturer would have implemented it by now. I believe that you'll end up wasting more money looking for a fix than you'll actually save on gas. I think that you've been brainwashed into thinking all those "gas saving" products out there actually work.

Sent from my SM-A515U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app

I have already looked around the rv forums even before your mentioning that, not much help there, I don't think they take the time to do the research. There are after market products that will increase your MPG, You must have been brainwashed not believe in "gas saving" products.
1Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 06:25 PM   #87

gas mielage improvement

Hey, ChrisDParise, Thanks for looking at my findings on all those cold air intake products, there are over 50 different manufactures, and they all clam
better horse power, torque and improved gas mileage. I just listed the most with the best reviews, as you mentioned the Banks cold air system as it is a good system and easy to install, when I was checking all the units, Banks didn't even make the top 10 cold air take system. I will be going with another manufacture. I don't know witch one just yet..
Old 02-21-2023, 04:13 PM   #88

Quote:
Hey, ChrisDParise, Thanks for looking at my findings on all those cold air intake products, there are over 50 different manufactures, and they all clam
better horse power, torque and improved gas mileage. I just listed the most with the best reviews, as you mentioned the Banks cold air system as it is a good system and easy to install, when I was checking all the units, Banks didn't even make the top 10 cold air take system. I will be going with another manufacture. I don't know witch one just yet..
Lol [emoji38]

Didn't even notice until NOW Banks wasn't on your "list", I just assumed it was - unless I have them mixed up with another one I thought their website published its gains.

No matter. Let us know what you do
Old 02-21-2023, 07:01 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDParise View Post
Lol [emoji38]

Didn't even notice until NOW Banks wasn't on your "list", I just assumed it was - unless I have them mixed up with another one I thought their website published its gains.

No matter. Let us know what you do

If you look again, Banks power cold air intake is on the list.
Old 02-22-2023, 01:50 PM   #90

Quote:
If you look again, Banks power cold air intake is on the list.
Haha, eyes glazing....
Old 03-22-2023, 09:03 PM   #91

I have done allot of research on after market products to improve the performance and economy of my 2019 ford V10 Hurricane 34R. For cold air intake system I have chosen the large cone K&N system, I was looking at a high flow catalytic converter, but in checking about the PSI restrictions on one of those verses the stock unit I am staying with the stock, the stock is 1.5 to 2 PSI at full throttle, not enough difference to swap out to the high flow. Next I am replacing the stock muffler with high performance 36" cherry bomb glass pack muffler. My hardest decision was witch is the best tuner for me. After reading lots of reviews I chose the ULTA RV tuner.
Old 03-22-2023, 09:08 PM   #92

Quote:
I have done allot of research on after market products to improve the performance and economy of my 2019 ford V10 Hurricane 34R. For cold air intake system I have chosen the large cone K&N system, I was looking at a high flow catalytic converter, but in checking about the PSI restrictions on one of those verses the stock unit I am staying with the stock, the stock is 1.5 to 2 PSI at full throttle, not enough difference to swap out to the high flow. Next I am replacing the stock muffler with high performance 36" cherry bomb glass pack muffler. My hardest decision was witch is the best tuner for me. After reading lots of reviews I chose the ULTA RV tuner.
Will the 36" cherry bomb glass pack muffler be very much louder than the stock muffler? I assume that it should enhance the performance some, but would not want to increase the sound very much.
Thanks,
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32SA
High Road Travelers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 09:20 AM   #93

Quote:
After reading lots of reviews I chose the ULTA RV tuner.
Looked again at the Ultra RV tuner and I like that they at least state gains in HP and torque for my 2005 2 valve V10 E450.

I think it's a great choice you made
Old 04-10-2023, 08:26 PM   #94

I was pleasantly surprised as to the sound it has, nice mellow tone. I haven,t had the coach out on the HWY yet, but will be heading out next week. I,ll let you know how sound at HWY speed...thanks for asking..
Old 04-10-2023, 08:30 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDParise View Post
Looked again at the Ultra RV tuner and I like that they at least state gains in HP and torque for my 2005 2 valve V10 E450.

I think it's a great choice you made

I am hitting the HWY next week, will report finding..
Old 04-11-2023, 12:34 PM   #96

Quote:
I was pleasantly surprised as to the sound it has, nice mellow tone. I haven,t had the coach out on the HWY yet, but will be heading out next week. I,ll let you know how sound at HWY speed...thanks for asking..
I would look at replacing my muffler too but have never tried taking the exhaust apart and with my luck I'd break something. I have tools but no torches
Old 04-12-2023, 04:56 PM   #97

Quote:
I can't find a 36" cherry bomb muffler. 31" yes. Where'd you get a 36"?
Old 04-15-2023, 09:34 PM   #98

it was very easy for me, just loosened the clamps and everything just was able to pull the pipes apart. put new muffler in place and put the clamps back on. for me not a hard job to replace, can't really hear any difference of sound at hwy speeds.

Tags
hurricane, thor, v10