Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2022, 10:01 AM   #1

Velvac Mirror replacement part for Tuscany-Where to find

I am reaching out looking for some wisdom from the community.
I own a 2014 Thor Tuscany XTE GQ40. I recently brought my rig in for some repairs, and the shop accidentally bumped the driver side mirror and it now is flopping around and not able to be repaired. I am told that the mirror is made by Velvac. I was told by the shop that they will repair it but the part needed to fix it is a Velvac 7097070. The part is not available for weeks. I can't drive the coach with the driver mirror flopping around, and I have searched high and low for that part number and do not see it. My questions is does anyone know where to get the part? New or used, I would even buy a part from a salvage yard if I knew where to start. Apparently there are a million different models of mirrors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PL-AY
PL-AY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2022, 10:20 AM   #2

I had to replace my passenger side mirror on my Class C 5 years ago. Luckily I have all the manufacturer manuals with my motorhome so the parts and numbers where identified. But I had my dealer do it. I think there was a delay back then but only a week or so.

Turns out Velvac HQ in New Berlin WI s not far from my house in Wisconsin

Here's a link to their website. If you haven't gone to them directly yet

https://www.velvac.com/
ChrisDParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 10:14 AM   #3

You sure of that part #? Looks like too many digits

Found this on Amazon. In stock, can get it next week.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220115-111136_Chrome.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	353859
ChrisDParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:24 PM   #4
RDG

This is where I got a replacement head for our FourWinds.
https://www.pacificrvmirrors.com
Old 01-18-2022, 04:34 PM   #5

go online to velvac and give them a call, nice people and cheaper then any where else.
gibbyid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 08:02 PM   #6

mirror repair

I replaced the driver side mirror thru camping world, they can order direct from the manufactory, is expensive, $800. I taped and braced mine until I could get the new one. I broke mine off. depending on damage it comes in two parts the mirror head and the arm that has wiring to the coach. Get the shop to fix it, it is a good mirror with everything in it. I have the mirror head as I had to order the two parts and camping world never pick up the head that was not damaged. good luck dave9350@earthlink.net
McGalliard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 08:14 PM   #7

I would rig a tape on mirror or something to get it home and put of their shop. Ramco was the other mirror manufacturer. Got any pictures of damaged mirror?
Mile Marker 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 08:15 PM   #8

I would rig a tape on mirror or something to get it home and put of their shop. Ramco was the other mirror manufacturer. Got any pictures of damaged mirror? Call velvac direct yourself.
Mile Marker 42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, tuscany