Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2016, 06:06 PM   #1

Water pump problems/2014 Thor Tuscany

I recently replaced my water pump on my 2014 Thor Tuscany. When I put the new one in, I was unable to get power to it. With the pump connected or not connected I was able to get power to it. When pushing the pump button, the red light would come on. Now there is nothing. I check the 12 volt and 120 volt breakers....they appear ok. Is there another breaker panel in this unit.
Widetrack001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2016, 01:34 PM   #2

1st question - Did the pump stop working and is that why you replaced it?

I had a similar issue on mine - there was nothing wrong with the pump - It was the pump controller. In my instance located below and next to the pump - always getting wet and the connections had corroded.

It looked like the attachment.. I replaced it with the same Precision Circuits inc 00-10027-000
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Electric - Precision Circuits - Water Pump Controller Wires.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	136023  
bmfickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:43 PM   #3

If your replacement pump draws more than I believe 7 amps you need to replace the controller with a heavier duty unit that meets or exceeds your your pump amp draw. I had to do this on mine when I installed a new pump
Old 08-15-2016, 05:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmfickl View Post
1st question - Did the pump stop working and is that why you replaced it?

I had a similar issue on mine - there was nothing wrong with the pump - It was the pump controller. In my instance located below and next to the pump - always getting wet and the connections had corroded.

It looked like the attachment.. I replaced it with the same Precision Circuits inc 00-10027-000
Where can I buy the controller? Mine is corroded bad and when I unscrewed it to clean it up the terminal broke off on one of the leads.
Widetrack001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, ems, water pump, thor, problems