Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Navistar MaxxForce Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:49 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Max force 10 overflow tank

Having trouble with regen light flashing. Tried doing a request regen . Motor went 1600 rpms for 25 minuets but light never went out or went back to idle! Looked at level in radiator tank and level was ok but seemed to be swirling in the tank . Any idea what could be going on? Also engine looses power on any hill.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2018, 01:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin man View Post
Having trouble with regen light flashing. Tried doing a request regen . Motor went 1600 rpms for 25 minuets but light never went out or went back to idle! Looked at level in radiator tank and level was ok but seemed to be swirling in the tank . Any idea what could be going on? Also engine looses power on any hill.

Check your manual. Solid, blinking lights have different meanings. I'd try another regen with a hot engine. If the regen isn't successful you may need to have the DPF baked or several more regens. The engine will cut to half power to protect itself if the filter didn't clear with a regen.
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:03 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
thanks I will give the regen another try
Old 05-24-2018, 07:40 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

A parked regen can take up to 45 minutes, I have done 2 so far one was 35 minutes and another was close to 40 minutes.

Do not stop the regen yourself make sure you let it run its cycle.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:42 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Took motor home in to international dealer this morning. Going to have it checked over, they also said the computer needed to be updated. Will let everyone know the outcome. Thanks to everyone who replied.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:28 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Picked up the motor home today,they pulled the codes and found the AFI and the port completely plugged ,cleaned the AFI and port. They ran it to temp and ran a regen. Everything looked good and did a road test also. Had them change both fuel filters also. They also did a EMC update. Drove it home about 60 miles and it ran great.
Old 05-26-2018, 04:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Picked up the motor home today,they pulled the codes and found the AFI and the port completely plugged ,cleaned the AFI and port. They ran it to temp and ran a regen. Everything looked good and did a road test also. Had them change both fuel filters also. They also did a EMC update. Drove it home about 60 miles and it ran great.

Great news..these engines like to be driven hard. I have 28K miles and it runs better the harder it works.
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:22 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Glad to hear they got you taken care of. As GDawgs said don't baby these engines they are built to be used hard.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:13 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I agree on running it hard, think my problems started with the stop and go traffic on 95 heading back north this spring.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:41 PM   #10

These engines do not like to be idled
Old 06-24-2018, 07:38 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Update, We were headed to Delaware for a rally and had gone about 250 miles from the last service and the regen light lit. We were on the PA turnpike so pulled over and did a regen 20 minutes it idled back down. Off we went to only go about 5 miles and now the red light came on. Pulled to side of highway and called for roadside assistance. That’s another story. Was told by towing service that I had to be off the turnpike or they couldn’t tow. Was able to limp off the turnpike and they did tow me to International dealer in Allentown PA 6 hours later. This was on a Saturday so shop was closed. Waited in parking lot until Monday morning thankfully they showed pity on me and took me right in. Had a very good tech that diagnosed that the regen temp was only reaching 400f. The DSI module pressure was incorrect and a new module was needed. A R+R DSI module was installed regen temperature then went to 1200f . It now seems to be running good now no lights on the trip home 400 miles. Seems the first dealer should have caught this.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:54 PM   #12

I had a similar issue on mine with the regen light coming on along with the stop engine light. When I checked the code, it said low coolant. I noticed that the coolant recovery tank was just slightly below the sensor in the tank and added coolant to the tank. Seemed that for some reason I was getting a regen light and stop engine light at the same time for just low coolant. I also noticed some decrease in power until I added the coolant that also got rid of the stop engine light. Sounds like your situation is somewhat different but thought it unusual that I was getting the stop engine light and regen light just for a low coolant problem.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:22 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like they got you fixed up.

Tags
tank