Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Navistar MaxxForce Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:22 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Maxxforce 10 Centrifuge Oil Filter

The clamp for the centrifuge filter was accidentally loosened while I was doing some work on the battery cables. I didnít realize it at the time and when I started the engine and stepped outside the coach, something didnít sound right. I could hear more rattling than normal. I walked to the back of the coach and could see oil coming out, so I immediately shut the engine off.

I crawled under the coach and saw where the oil was coming from and discovered the loose clamp. I tightened it and started the engine and it was still leaking, though not as bad. I then removed the cover and cleaned the sealing area and reinstalled the filter, making sure it was seated well in the top cover.

Now the leak is fixed, but I donít hear it spinning down (whirring) when the engine is shut down. It always did this prior to ďthe incident ď. Iím really confused as to why it isnít spinning after shut down. Iíve searched the net and canít find anything on it. I do have a spare filter and thought about installing that, but I donít see how the filter could be the problem. Also, I did check the bearing in the top cover and in the housing and the both spin freely.

Dan
2012 Diplomat 43 DFT
Maxxforce 10
Dandick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!