Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-14-2021, 02:27 PM   #1

8.3 Cracked Manifold help

Cummins says 8 weeks national back order...
No aftermarket ones anywhere
Mine is a ESN 45830208
CAsting number is ( Long ) 3943836
( Short ) 3943850

The long one has cracked as typical 8.3 units do..
Even if I have to use the old short part with it ..
Anyone out there have any resources, Ive pretty much burned up all google etc
I already have all gaskets, and misc hardware, And was sent wrong manifold....
Any and all help welcome
:(
Thanks
NWCycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2021, 02:51 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
https://shop.moderngroup.com/
Came up with mine last year when everyone else said not available!
Old 09-14-2021, 03:02 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Create an account on the Cummins Quickserve site
https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html
register the engine
Then do a search for the manifold, it will show the most current numbers.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:02 PM   #4

Got one last month. Had same problem, got wrong one. The correct kit is 5633650, and is usually available as a kit but not as individual parts.
BTW, the kit listed by cummins is the wrong one. The kit was about same price as just the manifold.
Good Luck!
Olddrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:56 PM   #5

Yours can be brazed until one is available if you have to get moving.
It can also be stick welded with high nickel rod. And a lot of cast iron is mig weldable believe it or not. I had no choice once on a motor swap but to move the downspout on a manifold once. I was going to just use the mig to tac it, then pull it off and nickel rod it. The mig worked so well I did the whole thing with it. Been doing it for 30 years, with no failures. You know immediately when you try if it will or won't mig.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 08:25 PM   #6

Been there done that! Wait for the proper "improved, reinforced" Cummins part. It is much beefer than the OEM manifold.
The entire weight of the turbo-charger and associated piping rests on the manifold.
Never attempt to use ˝ an old manifold with ˝ of a new manifold, they will never seal as designed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180829_174551.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	343537  
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 11:55 PM   #7

Found several new aftermarket 8.3 ex manifolds on eBay the other day. Not sure if the part you need was there.
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:32 AM   #8

Cummins parts are just about all chinese so they are likely the same part.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 11:45 AM   #9

On the Road again!!!

Received a brand new exhaust manifold from Cummins, Took about 3 to 4 hours install with a bunch of dropped parts that I had to retrieve from the bottom in which I put a huge hunk of cardboard to catch hardest part was lining up the turbo boot underneath by myself other than that everything went super smooth started it up ran for a while then I change the oil whole job cost me about $1200 I replace just about everything possible while I was there and the next guy who hast to do this should send me a Christmas card with everything literally soaked in copper thread anti-seize high heat thank you everyone who donated information
Old 09-25-2021, 01:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCycle View Post
Received a brand new exhaust manifold from Cummins, Took about 3 to 4 hours install with a bunch of dropped parts that I had to retrieve from the bottom in which I put a huge hunk of cardboard to catch hardest part was lining up the turbo boot underneath by myself other than that everything went super smooth started it up ran for a while then I change the oil whole job cost me about $1200 I replace just about everything possible while I was there and the next guy who hast to do this should send me a Christmas card with everything literally soaked in copper thread anti-seize high heat thank you everyone who donated information

You found a manifold. Good deal. So they’re not 8 weeks out any more?
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:04 PM   #11

not sure

They had 2 when I was told they came in, So was thinking on cornering the market and buying both...

Maybe be like those guys who bought all the mask from e bay during Covid
Anyone wants the hours of info I went through as far as parts etc, be glad to help