Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ua40j View Post
3. More noticeable turbine whine. Don't know why.
I had thought about that. The exhaust will gas be at lower pressure with the reduced restriction of the Aero muffler. Therefore, it must move faster if you follow that logic. Therefore, it will spin the turbo faster. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2010, 09:02 AM   #30
a k

Newmar Owners Club
The Turbo won't be pushing as hard against the exhaust. Turbo speed is restricted to boost pressure (intake pressure), not exhaust pressure. Should run cooler because your not trying to compress exhaust along with the intake.

Just received my 5050XL and going to take a decibel reading before and after.
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #31

I don't have a db meter (wish I did, but I'd never use it) so all I could go on was the grin on the faces of the techs that installed the muffler.

They said it wasn't 'too bad'....but they also said that they didn't know any motorhome owners running performance exhaust.

One of the techs said it sounded better than his truck which has a MBRP exhaust.

I'm looking forward to seeing the sound differences.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #32
a k

Newmar Owners Club
I'm just worried it will be too loud for RV Parks. I don't want to offend anyone.
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #33

I can only speak for the MBRP, but this past weekend we were in a RV park that was very close quarters.

My wife helps with the toad at hook up and walks behind the RV when we're confirming that the Liberty is in neutral and the wheels are turning.

She didn't have any issues with the sound as I motored up and away from her. Granted, I didn't floor it or drive the RPM up to 2000 or so.....but it definitely wasn't any worse than most of the duallies in the park.

And there were a couple of duallies that were definitely noisier.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Jon I have a 38' 97 Monaco Windsor wit a 8.3 Cummins turbo and would like to install the Aero Muffler. What info do you need to bend the pipes and make hangers to do this. Thanks Jim
97windsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #35

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Send an email to jon@brazelsrv.com with pictures of the stock exhaust along with measurements and we can assist you in figuring out what will be required to make it fit.

Thanks
Brazel's RV Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Jon I will do that .. I won't have it home for a couple weeks and will do it ASAP Thanks Jim
97windsor is offline   Reply With Quote