Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2019, 10:13 AM   #1

AG Diesel solutions

Anyone familier with this company and their diesel power chip? Claims of 30% HP increase, lower exhaust temps and improved fuel economy. Also, there are several other tuners out there, TS Performance is another. Any advice most appreciated. Trying to get a bit more HO and if possible torque. Banks was my preferred option but no longer supports the 8.3 350ISC.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2019, 12:57 PM   #2

One option is a Water/Methanol injection system like the one that Snow Performance sells. We put the system on our 04 Essex with 500 ISM engine and pickup about 4 to 5 mph on 6% grades. Used it for 10 years and there is time to install and one needs to refill tank which we used -20 degree windshield washer fluid of injection. Check out their web site and a couple other companies.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:03 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Following
MoePo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:24 PM   #4

Thanks for the methanol injection recommendation but the seems that with laded diesel applications such as my rig towing, I'd need 7 gallons of solution for 500 miles, not the plug and play. The technology is very interesting and I now understand how it works.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:25 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I have also been interested in doing an upgrade such as this mostly for big climbs. Sometimes we have to down shift and can only get up to around 40 MPH. Would be nice to be able to keep up. Seems like there are not a lot of folks running these tuners.
BigLar368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 03:51 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We use the PDI system. Works fantastic and it is plug and play

http://www.pdidiesel.com

[Mod Edit]

All I can say is it is fantastic. Big hills I have picked up almost 10 mph and I increased my fuel mileage a little over 3/4 mpg
Old 09-18-2021, 12:08 PM   #7

Just completed testing of an Ag Solutions Module by PSI Power on my 2010 8.3 ISC cummins (Freightliner Business Class M2 truck). The model they sent me based off of the engine info I sent them was the 12200. Once installed it worked in stock mode with no issues. When I put it in the 15% or 30% mode, which are the only two other than stock that it can be in, the truck would die out and would not build more than about 6psi of boost when you stepped on the throttle very hard. So in affect it actually had less power with it turned on or up that it had in stock mode. I could not accelerate going up hill and go faster when it was on anything other than stock mode. I called for tech support and did what they suggested to no prevail. They did issue me an RMA for a full refund. There really wasn't much to it as it just plugs in to the injector lines and map sensor so other than checking plugs, power and ground connections there wasn't much more to the troubleshooting so I will just leave it stock as it has pretty decent power for what I pull.
smav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 08:16 PM   #8

A simple fact of work is, more fuel = more heat produced. That definition of work is also true of electric vehicles drive motors.
You want more HP, which equals generating more heat. Now you must make modifications to get rid of more excess heat faster or risk burning up your engine. Now you have made the modifications to increase HP and get rid of excess heat quicker. Next is modifying the transmission to withstand the added HP and generated heat there.
I'm not trying to discourage you, merely jump-start your thought process.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 09:32 AM   #9

Good points Ray....the A1000 allison transmissions, for example, that are mated to the Duramax motors can handle somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 to 500 hp which is about 100 to 150 more hp than of the LMM or LML engines produced. Any higher than that we would modify them to handle the extra power being delivered. Also, the added heat with the introduction of more fuel for more power is where the improvements or upgrades to turbos, cold air intakes and inner coolers come from. Upgrading those will help in inducing more cool air to the combustion process and helps keep the temps down more over the stock configuration you may have.
Lastly, like others have stated, the addition of a pyrometer should be added to the list. Some say they just keep an eye on water or oil temp and as those may be indicators they are not nearly as fast of reporting as a pyrometer. If you run by your pyrometer those other Temps should never rise much if at all above normal.
Old 09-23-2021, 08:15 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
About 1 MPG improvement with AG 12000

I have a 2007 Monaco Cayman 36' PDQ with an ISB325 5.9 liter engine. I installed the AG 12000 on it back in July. Have traveled about 2000 since and have seen about a 1.1 MPG improvement from 7.6 to 8.6. I am running it on the 30% boost setting. Definitely can detect improved torque at under 2000 RPM. Gets off the line at stop lights much quicker and accelerates well on the on ramps of the interstates. Pulls the hills in the mountains better too. No change in operating temperatures.

I had a long conversation with their tech advisor. What the unit does is modifies the pressure rail setting at lower RPM and boosts fuel pressure on injectors sooner on the power curve. Most manufactures have de-tuned the injector pressures under 2000 RPM for EPA emissions. By increasing pressures at lower RPM the fuel is sprayed into the combustion chamber as a finer mist resulting in a more efficient, cleaner burn that helps improve MPG.

I estimate that within 11,000 miles at $3.50.gal fuel cost the unit will have paid for the $540 cost I paid for it. In the mean time I am enjoying improved performance. Overall and happy with the purchase.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:58 AM   #11

I have the AG module on my '99 8.3 ISC.
I believe it works quite well, but my data is skewed a bit. When I installed it I also installed the Airdog pump. Combine that with the fact that I only had about 1,000 miles on the bus from purchase-to-install, I don't have a lot of pre-install info.
What I can tell you, with the A/G module my boost pressure went from 24-25 lbs. to 29-30 lbs. pulling hills. My coolant temp went down on hills, and subsequently transmission temp. Between these 2 modifications my 40' A/C Dream pulls a 6% grade in 5th. gear at 60 mph, hauling our 5K lb Explorer (faster if wanted).
In what little use I had before these mods, it would not pull like that. I definitely noticed a difference in the seat of the pants.
We recently took a trip to NH using the Mass-Pike and if you're familiar, the whole trip has many long grades especially on 90 coming out of Springfield Mass. We never went below 60mph and most times were closer to 65. On this trip, over 800 miles we averaged 9.1 miles per gallon driving right at 65mph. This shocked me a bit as our "short" trips yield around 7.8-8.4.
IMO for what it's worth, the AG module has been a welcome addition and glad I have it.
Old 09-24-2021, 08:11 AM   #12

I have to say the AG diesel folks were good to work with and I wish I could have had success with the module as well. They told me the module they sent me, 12200, modified injector pulse not fuel rail pressure.

Tags
diesel