Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2022, 04:57 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Cummins 425 ISL Serpentine Belt

I have a 2009 Monaco Camelot with the Cummins 425 ISL (8.9L ?) engine. Any chance someone knows what the serpentine belt number is? It's wore off the current belt and I'm trying to avoid removing it until I have a new one to slap on.
jmfixitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2022, 05:10 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
This is the belt I use Gates K080745 Micro-V Belt.

My engine is a 400hp ISL, but, would think it would use the same belt.
Old 01-23-2022, 05:55 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
You might check your manual, I have a table toward the back of mine that lists the belt along with other stuff.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
You might check your manual, I have a table toward the back of mine that lists the belt along with other stuff.

If you don't have a manual, you can download a .pdf version here:
https://www.monacocoach.com/rv-owners-manuals
Then you can search for key words like "belt".

For some reason the last time my Firefox flagged this as an unsafe site but it is fine. Might be security certificate out of date or something like that.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:22 AM   #5

I'd take it off, take it with me to an auto parts store, and have them measure it so they can give you the correct replacement belt. Is there a reason you don't want to do that? It's no more work, and you are mostly guaranteed to get the right belt.

BTW, if you can't read the numbers (as you said you cannot), it's definitely time to replace the belt!
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 07:45 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2zon View Post
I'd take it off, take it with me to an auto parts store, and have them measure it so they can give you the correct replacement belt. Is there a reason you don't want to do that? It's no more work, and you are mostly guaranteed to get the right belt.

BTW, if you can't read the numbers (as you said you cannot), it's definitely time to replace the belt!

The ISL runs the water pump off the back of the belt. My numbers “wore off” after about 2 hours on the new belt.
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 10:46 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for all the tip guys all very good and helpful! Jacwjames, you were right it was listed in the owner's manual (Cummins 4942431), not sure why I didn't think of that, senior moment I guess...

Thanks again everyone!
jmfixitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGlenn View Post
The ISL runs the water pump off the back of the belt. My numbers “wore off” after about 2 hours on the new belt.
I see. Did you actually go out and look or is this an assumption?

After reading your post, I just had to brave the cold to get into my spares box. (It was a long, difficult trek all the way across the driveway and back to open the compartment, but I made it somehow.)

Here's a pic of the used belt I took off our ISL last year. It was on the coach when we got it, so I don't know the actual mileage. However, we put at least 3-6K miles on it. From its overall condition I'd guess it was in service for 30K miles or likely more, but that's just a guess based on automotive norms for serpentine belt condition.

Whatever its actual mileage and age, the numbers remain legible, as you can see.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220126_123354[1].jpg
Views:	276
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	354747  
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:57 AM   #9

That's about what mine looked like when I replaced it at about 45,000mi.

Could still get the number off it.
Old 08-22-2022, 02:30 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Serpentine Belt Removal

So, having attempted to remove and change the belt on my ISL 400hp Mid-Engine Travel Supreme, I was thwarted by the left-most (as you face the motor) engine mount bolt head. I've attached a picture of an ISL from another post in this group for reference. Click image for larger version

Name:	Lower Drive Pulley - Bolts Circled.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	374320

I can get the belt free of everything EXCEPT that left most bolt head. There is insufficient clearance between that bolt head and what I suspect is the harmonic balancer that is attached to the drive pulley to let me get the belt out. It's a snug fit for the other side; the left side is way to narrow.

Do you have to take off that harmonic balancer by removing the five bolts?

Appreciate the assist.
f15epilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 03:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by f15epilot View Post
So, having attempted to remove and change the belt on my ISL 400hp Mid-Engine Travel Supreme, I was thwarted by the left-most (as you face the motor) engine mount bolt head. I've attached a picture of an ISL from another post in this group for reference. Attachment 374320

I can get the belt free of everything EXCEPT that left most bolt head. There is insufficient clearance between that bolt head and what I suspect is the harmonic balancer that is attached to the drive pulley to let me get the belt out. It's a snug fit for the other side; the left side is way to narrow.

Do you have to take off that harmonic balancer by removing the five bolts?

Appreciate the assist.
Do not pull the balancer if at all avoidable. The 4 lower (2 shown) bracket bolts into the motor should be loosened. A jack under the pan ( with appropriate blocking) to relieve the weight, then pull the bolts and raise the motor just a hair. You may be able to leave one bolt on the right in all the way but loosened. Aslo take a good look at your tensioner. I was taken back by how weak the spring on my old one was compared to the new one. The amount it bounces while running is a clue and any rust coming out of it.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 03:56 PM   #12

When replacing the drive belt is is best practice to also replace the
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 10:37 PM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for the reply. I had the same thought about using a jack to gain clearance. And I have both belt and tensioner on the way, though the current tensioner was about all I wanted to handle using a 1/2in belt tool.
f15epilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 07:36 PM   #14

Try Dayco?

I don't see any RVs in 2009, but for my 2008 AC with an 8.9l, I was able to look up the Dayco (OEM?) supplier part numbers for the tensioner and belts. I then purchased the parts from Advance Auto Parts and they were shipped to my house. Not your year, but if it's helpful to anyone else
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-08-25 21_23_28-Products_ Belts _ Dayco Aftermarket North America _ Move Forward. Always.™ —.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	374590  
Grizzly73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cummins