Initial checks of the batteries did not indicate a weakness or battery terminal issue so I began tracing the ignition system from the ignition key to the engine.
I removed the switch from the dash by turning the key to the accessory position and using a straightened paperclip to push the spring cylinder retainer inside that little hole next to the key down and gently turning the key further to the left to remove the key cylinder core from the switch. Be sure and note how the core comes out as you will need to reverse the process when inserting the core back into the switch.
I removed the chrome bezel around the switch which allows the switch to be removed out the back of the dash.
Removing the wire plug from the back of the switch is difficult but if your use two small screwdrivers to hold the clips back you can wiggle the wire plug until it come off without damaging the clips or pulling the wires loose.
I reinstalled the key core into the switch and verified that the terminals on the back of the switch were being activated as the key was switched. I checked this with both a Ohm meter and by connecting a battery to the “Batt” terminal and measuring voltage on each of the the output terminals. The battery check was to insure that the switch was not failing under load.
Next I checked the ignition switch and the inline connectors under the dash to verify that they were tight and making contact.
I checked all of the fuses and relays associated with the ignition with no faults.
We then proceeded to look for the rumored and illusive Starter Relay that I suspected to be between the dash and the starter solenoid on the starter motor.
In the darkness of the underside of our coach with flashlights in hand we followed the wiring harness not knowing what evil lurks waiting to pounce on us. From the front of the coach carefully moving along the bottom to a spot hidden behind a steel plate, partially covered by two wiring harnesses and snuggled up to the bottom of the frame. In the dark was the evil thing with two fangs protruding, could it be? yes , you guessed it, the Starter Relay.
Upon pulling the wiring harnesses back it was easy to see that one wire had been vibrated to the point of metal fatigue and the eyelet end of the wire from the front of the ignition switch had broke off. See photo above. The connector eyelet is still under the bottom nut on the left. We cut off the old connector, installed a new one and placed it under the nut on the relay. We also positioned the wire so the two harnesses would not vibrate and rub against the wire in hopes of preventing a future failure.
So now the moment of truth. I turned the key to the on position and the dash came to life. Then with a big breath and a swallow I turned the key to the start position and the Purple Beast came to life. YES ! ! !
Look out world! If you see a Purple and Gold Providence on the highway honk and wave and Have Fun.
To my son who did most of the work under the coach and all of you who helped with your suggestions and hints. Thank You.