Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #15

2012 revolution 450 hp cummins. Def low level light and audio warning keep coming on even with full def. suspect faulty sensor or loose wire. I can shut engine down and the problem goes away for maybe hundred miles or so then reoccurs Any ideas.
Garywo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2016, 06:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidoo View Post
What is the part number for injector on a 2003, 5.9, ISB? Where can we get some good remanufacture at a good price?

Cummins has a Cummins Quickserve app that you can download for free. Then plug in your engine serial number. That will give you all part numbers for your specific engine.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:04 PM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
Cummins Las Vegas - Just had my motor home repaired there today and The service manager Tony and his crew especially Pedro went above and beyond to get us back on the road. I recommend that if you have any Cummins issues while in Vegas this is the place you want to be. Thanks again to tony and his crew the Learys
Leary54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:28 PM   #18

I have tried looking for the recommended synthetic oil to perform my oil change on my 2009 MB Prism but can not find the specification 229.51 in any brand however i have seen the spec 228. on several synthetic diesel oil brands , would this spec be ok to use .
Thank you for the assist .
sdfd911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:29 PM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
I have a 1995 Holiday Rambler with a N14 engine and I am having a difficult time finding any information on them. Help please
Fordiesel250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:38 PM   #20

Hello,

Doing research on a 2008 coach with a cummins ISBXT 6.7L. Cant seem to find this engine in the links above. would really appreciate some feedback on the reliability, fuel mileage and issues.

THX
BCRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRVer View Post
Hello,
Doing research on a 2008 coach with a cummins ISBXT 6.7L. Cant seem to find this engine in the links above. would really appreciate some feedback on the reliability, fuel mileage and issues.
THX
Remember, a 2008 coach will have a 2007 chassis and engine.
Link to engine specs:
https://cumminsengines.com/showcase-...A+07)#overview

The Cummins ISB is the same small inline 6 cylinder diesel engine used in Dodge pickups. It's a great motor, just be careful with your gross weight and what you tow. It also works better in the eastern US than it will in the Rocky Mountain west.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Remember, a 2008 coach will have a 2007 chassis and engine.
Link to engine specs:
https://cumminsengines.com/showcase-...A+07)#overview

The Cummins ISB is the same small inline 6 cylinder diesel engine used in Dodge pickups. It's a great motor, just be careful with your gross weight and what you tow. It also works better in the eastern US than it will in the Rocky Mountain west.
Thanks. Ive attached the brochure of the unit I am considering. We will be towing about 8000# combined car and trailer. Ive read about some lawsuits concerning this engine if it is the same one you say. We plan on living in this full time and travelling North America....I may need to keep looking.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fleetwood2008_Bounder_b.pdf (2.00 MB, 169 views)
Old 03-23-2018, 10:52 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Next time ask for the engine torque rating. Don't settle for anything less than 1050 ft. lbs. 1200 or more is better for pulling up mountains.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:50 AM   #24

The torque specs are in the brochure the OP linked to.

That is a nice coach in the brochure. IMO that is expecting a lot from the ISB configuration.
Our older CC has an 8.3L Cummins 325hp with 950 ft.lbs of torque and its rated to pull only 7000 lbs, 3000 less than your potential coach. We pull 4K at the most with "stuff" in the CR-V and I would not want to pull a pound more over any mountain pass or steep hill, grossing about 34,000 with the CR-V.

If you purchase it you can always adjust your expectations to the reality of the coach and enjoy the heck out of it!

Keep us posted please.

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRex45 View Post
The torque specs are in the brochure the OP linked to.

That is a nice coach in the brochure. IMO that is expecting a lot from the ISB configuration.
Our older CC has an 8.3L Cummins 325hp with 950 ft.lbs of torque and its rated to pull only 7000 lbs, 3000 less than your potential coach. We pull 4K at the most with "stuff" in the CR-V and I would not want to pull a pound more over any mountain pass or steep hill, grossing about 34,000 with the CR-V.

If you purchase it you can always adjust your expectations to the reality of the coach and enjoy the heck out of it!

Keep us posted please.
Thanks for the input. The car and trailer are a must so finding the right rv to tow it will be the task. I was disappointed in the engine in this one, but not a lot out there in Canada.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:01 PM   #26

Any thoughts or experience adding the Banks Power Package? They claim best results to be 55hp and 110 tq at wheels.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:15 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Coming from the deezle pickup world, that seems pretty low for tuning a turbo cummins --- if you get rid of some weight might improve the performance more than that
tuning a turboed vehicle has been known to give you stunning results with just a tune... adding 125 hp and 200+ lbft of torque was not out of the question.

BUT, will the rest of your drive train survive it? Some of the allison trnsmissions are only rated to handle so much torque and exceeding that causes issues elsewhere.

IMHO, Banks has an EXCELLENT sales and marketing department, but is much more expensive than other better performing tuners.... be sure to look around before you decide...
Old 03-27-2018, 09:56 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRVer View Post
Any thoughts or experience adding the Banks Power Package? They claim best results to be 55hp and 110 tq at wheels.
Banks makes some great kits and they do add power. There are also several other power adding kits for the little Cummins ISB.

The problem is heat! How are you going to get rid of all the excess heat?

My advice: For towing a heavy trailer, stick to the larger diesel engines (400hp and 1050 ft lbs or more) and a side radiator or you will regret it.

Tags
cummins