Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2014, 10:34 PM   #1

DEF issues on another forum

I study both this forum and a diesel forum. The diesel forum has a lot being written about new diesel pickups that are having DEF related issues causing everything from poor miles per gallon to having automatic engine shut downs.

Are any of you RVers here experiencing this or know about MH chassis diesel DEF issues?
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2014, 07:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
I study both this forum and a diesel forum. The diesel forum has a lot being written about new diesel pickups that are having DEF related issues causing everything from poor miles per gallon to having automatic engine shut downs.

Are any of you RVers here experiencing this or know about MH chassis diesel DEF issues?
I am on the Turbo Diesel Register forum and I have not seen these issues of engine shut down at all. There is one thread where the poster does discuss poor DEF performance and you can see the response to his issues. Also there is another thread about filling up and cost of DEF.

Here is the link: http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/172-4th-Generation-Ram-Forum

You cannot post unless you are a member, I have been a member since Nov 07 one of the best forums about the Ram and Cummins diesel truck on the WEB.

I am also on some other forums too and there are some issues but you need to realize that a lot of users are still trying to boost performance on these trucks and defeat the emission system.

Jim W.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:42 AM   #3

I'm with Jim. I spent 95% of my time on diesel forums. My only advice is to find a pre-prohibition era tuner and remove every inch of that emissions crap...as long as your state doesn't have emissions testing. They've never gotten the systems to work 100% of the time without high cost maintenance, failures, excessive regen temps, and worse fuel economy. My '09 was pre-DEF so I can't speak from experience on that part, but there are hundreds of theads on problems and the removal of.
4x4dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcumminsw View Post
I am on the Turbo Diesel Register forum and I have not seen these issues of engine shut down at all. There is one thread where the poster does discuss poor DEF performance and you can see the response to his issues. Also there is another thread about filling up and cost of DEF.

Here is the link: http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/172-4th-Generation-Ram-Forum

You cannot post unless you are a member, I have been a member since Nov 07 one of the best forums about the Ram and Cummins diesel truck on the WEB.

I am also on some other forums too and there are some issues but you need to realize that a lot of users are still trying to boost performance on these trucks and defeat the emission system.

Jim W.
thedieselstop.com/forums/f148/ has lots of entries from folks with 6.7 Ford diesels that have cracked exhaust valves, blown engines, engine shut downs and engine performance degradation.
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
thedieselstop.com/forums/f148/ has lots of entries from folks with 6.7 Ford diesels that have cracked exhaust valves, blown engines, engine shut downs and engine performance degradation.
That is because it is the 6.7L powerstroke engine not a CUMMINS. As I have stated before I have never read about this issue with Cummins engines.

This is not what the fords owners want to see or read about.

Jim W.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:09 PM   #6

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Cool

I am glad I got an old mech LTA 10 - 300. No blue def no codes. My pump rebuild 700 my injectors 350 for 6 reman
hturner12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum