Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-06-2022, 05:33 AM   #1

Fuel filter change

I just bought a 1999 Diplomat with a 275 HP Cummins ISC and thought I would change all the filters and fluids, till I replaced the fuel filter by the pump. I filled the filter like it said to do in my Cummins C series booklet but now it won't crank over at all ? It didn't bump, crank or anything ? Is there a fuel cut off switch somewhere ? I would like to buy a owners manual or repair manual but I can't find one for this year and model. I Would greatly appreciate some help.
Sidetracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2022, 05:51 AM   #2

Get your engine serial number (ESN) and go here to register for access to Cummins Quickserv: https://quickserve.cummins.com
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 06:10 AM   #3

If you have a remote starter panel in back, verify that it has not been bumped/switches in incorrect positions.

And, tell us how far into the start process you get:

Does the Allison shift pad illuminate?

With key in on position, do things that only work with the ignition on work-- dash HVAC fan for example?
Old 08-06-2022, 10:18 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
X2 on the remote start.
I've accidentally hit mine twice, nothing happens when you turn the key. Mine is located above the primary filter location, easy to hit if your not careful.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 05:39 PM   #5

First I would like to say Thank You guys for your input. It is greatly appreciated. I checked the engine number and found it is a ISB 5.9. I checked the Allison shift pad and it has a N on it. The A/C fan motor comes on but I can't find a starter button anywhere ?
Old 08-06-2022, 06:38 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
It should start by turning the key.
Only other thing is to make sure the Park Brake is on, there may be an interlock.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 11:39 PM   #7

Start pilot solenoid/relay would be my first idea . The filter change may just be coincidence. Try to give a couple taps on solenoid.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 04:27 PM   #8

My personal opinion about owners manuals for RV's is, they are written to apply to their entire lineup for that year and do not address specific functions.

How about an owners manual for a 2000 Diplomat: https://www.monacocoach.com/service-...pairs/#manuals

This company charges $85 for manuals: https://www.nwrvsupply.com/category/OWNMAN.html

Old owners manuals and how to find them is a free manuals exchange website.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 07:39 AM   #9

I looked in the owners manual for a remote starter panel and didn't find anything ? Would it be under the engine cover or where in the back ? Haven't tried crossing the solenoid yet. I'll try when I get home from work. I have a remote starter switch I can use. Oh, parking brake is on and not sure of over ride ?
Old 08-08-2022, 03:47 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Most Monaco diesel coaches have a remote rear start switch back inside the engine compartment, maybe in the upper right.
When working back there it's very easy to inadvertently bump the switch to rear. This will only allow starting from the rear. Open the engine compartment and check this switch.

Have you checked chassis battery voltage? Remember, you have chassis batteries and house batteries. The engine starts from the chassis battery.

You may have a Boost switch to the left of the drivers seat. This combines both sets of batteries. Try holding this down for 30 seconds and then crank by turning your key all the way to the right (start) position.

Also, after changing fuel filters you may have to cycle the key from OFF to ON/Run a few times to cycle the fuel pump and fill the filters.
Good luck!
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 05:50 AM   #11

I finally had some time this weekend to try and find out why my 1999 Dip won't crank over ? I replaced both starting batteries, because they were 2013. Still won't crank at all... I turn on the key and used my remote starter switch and she fired right up ? so... I replaced the ignition switch and still nothing ? I looked all over for the remote start switch and never found them ? I checked some fuses and relays but it didn't help ? I'm hoping I just need help finding the remote start switches ? Any other ideas will help too!!!
Old 08-22-2022, 06:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidetracker View Post
I finally had some time this weekend to try and find out why my 1999 Dip won't crank over ? I replaced both starting batteries, because they were 2013. Still won't crank at all... I turn on the key and used my remote starter switch and she fired right up ? so... I replaced the ignition switch and still nothing ? I looked all over for the remote start switch and never found them ? I checked some fuses and relays but it didn't help ? I'm hoping I just need help finding the remote start switches ? Any other ideas will help too!!!
Sounds like you found the problem in the solenoid. Mine is a Windsor but the remote start switch is in the top drivers side corner of the engine bay looking at it from the rear.
Old 08-23-2022, 05:34 AM   #13

Thank You, Ill look again to see if I can find it ?
Old 08-23-2022, 11:39 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
From the Owners manual:
The rear start switches are for safety and convenience. The front/rear switch
has three positions:
1. Front - In this position the motorhome will only
start with the ignition key.
2. Rear - In this position the motorhome can only
be started with the rear start switch. (Note that
the ignition switch must also be in the "on"
position.)
3. Off - In this position the starter will not engage
with either ignition key or rear start switch. It
will also turn the engine off if it is already
running.
The Start switch engages the starter when the Front /Rear switch is set to
Rear and the ignition switch is On.
NOTE: If the motorhome will not start from the front, check the rear
start box to see if the switch was bumped or accidentally set to OFF or
REAR. If the motorhome still does not start, try to start it from the
rear start box.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Remote Start switch diagram.pdf (34.5 KB, 7 views)
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, fuel filter change