Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #1

ISC or ISL?

I have a 2001 Monaco Dynasty Chancellor.

The owners manual gives the engine specs, filters, and etc as a ISC 350 hp

However, I also have an engine booklet with the coach that says the engine in her is the ISL 370.

On some of the paperwork I have the engine number is given as 46012131

I have not looked at the information on the engine, as accessed from the engine cover inside the coach - one of the guys said it is clearly posted there.

Interesting.

Thoughts? Anyone have some place I can check the engine number against the ISL or ISC?

Not sure it matters, however I am planning on replacing the alternator belt soon - the large grooved one, and I would like the belt number (and they possibly may be exactly the same belt for the ISC and ISL).

Just tossing this out.

God Bless

Bill
Sepisllib is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #2

call Cummins or you chassis mfg with engine and chassis serial number they will be able to tell you
Old 07-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #3

Gave Cummins a call - the engine in my 2001 Monaco Dynasty Chancellor is an ISL 370 hp - 1200 torque.

The rep I talked to told me the engine is exactly the same as the 400 but tuned by computer software to 370.

Some have wished to up their HP to the 400 or more, however I have yet to find a hill or mountain my little girl cannot handle rather nicely - plus at that rating my fuel mileage is good with 25,000 plus miles average of 9.2 thus far and that is with the toad attached.

I am pleased.

Now to go after the main belt so I can replace it.

Oh - I did open up the engine access hatch, nope - not visible for me there and I tried....

God Bless

Bill
Old 07-25-2012, 05:04 AM   #4

Where might be the best place to buy the main belt for this engine?

The rep gave me the belt number as 3289235

God Bless

Bill
Old 07-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepisllib View Post
Where might be the best place to buy the main belt for this engine?

The rep gave me the belt number as 3289235
Bill
You've googled "3289235 - belt"??? We did and came up with pages of information and places to purchase
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Miller View Post
You've googled "3289235 - belt"??? We did and came up with pages of information and places to purchase

Yes - I know and Yes, I have.

I am always looking for a "preferred" place to do business with. Price is part of that, support is part, and availability also - among others.

My local parts store does not carry the belt, however (like all parts stores) he can order it and the price is always premium - standard belt $60 and change, heavy duty $66 and change.

God Bless

Bill
Old 07-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #7

Get the # on the outside of the belt and find a Dunlop . Same belt and a lot less expensive and you know if you get the # on the original belt, the replacement will be the right one.Preferred to me is someone with a good price and they can ship it to you so you don't have to run all over the place. You can order it yourself.

Standard and heavy duty? You know what the difference of a 6 year hot water heater and a 10 year water heater is? It's the price. Same water heater.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepisllib View Post
Yes - I know and Yes, I have.

I am always looking for a "preferred" place to do business with. Price is part of that, support is part, and availability also - among others.

My local parts store does not carry the belt, however (like all parts stores) he can order it and the price is always premium - standard belt $60 and change, heavy duty $66 and change.

God Bless

Bill
https://www.rvchassisparts.com:8443/...is/runApp?id=5

Oreilly Auto Parts also has it if one is available near you.
List: Search for '3289235' | O'Reilly Auto Parts
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have the ISC 350 in our Dutch Star. On the "front" of the engine the cover plate says it's an ISC in big letters, the ISL will show ISL.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #10

You know - sometimes, any more, I am blind in one eye and can't see out of the other....

Guilty of that frequently - wife follows right behind me and say's "see, its right there" and be darned if it isn't.

Will look closer - need to pull the belt off anyway just to see what it is and then will replace both at the same time.

God Bless

Bill
Old 07-29-2012, 03:52 AM   #11

Finally got to take the time and looked at the front of engine.

Yes - ISL clearly stamped on the plate.

Proof is in the pudding, as they say. Now I know for sure and can obtain the parts according to the engine.

Thank you

God Bless

Bill
Old 07-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #12

Rep I talked to advised the Cummins number for the belt is 3289235. I searched several places and prices ranged from low $50's all the way to upper $60's with local parts store just above $66.

I checked into Ryder and found the Dayco belt, they sell, number is 5080690 and cost is $37 and change shipped.

God Bless

Bill