Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2021, 02:23 PM   #1

Lift pump replacement question ISL 400

Those of you that have replaced the pump, have you replaced the pump, manifold and bracket or just the lower pump and gasket with the 3 bolts?

If I can just replace the pump, gasket, it looks like it would be an easier job.

Thoughts?
rssnape is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2021, 07:22 PM   #2

I replaced the whole thing because that was what I could get but I don't think there would be a problem to replace just the pump
Old 03-30-2021, 08:06 PM   #3

To replace my entire lift pump the starter had to be removed to access the bolts holding the pump to the block.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:38 AM   #4

parts list for the ISL Lift pump

Here is the Parts list for the Lift pump from Cummins Parts.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lift Pump 2021-03-31-163404.pdf (361.9 KB, 94 views)
Old 04-01-2021, 07:05 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Have you been able to purchase just the pump itself. I did a quick search with no luck.

There are gaskets available on Ebay for ~$15, two different types depending on SN.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 03:16 PM   #6

I bought the pump complete from Cummins. I thought about trying the gasket route, but needed it for a trip this week and couldn’t gamble on the gasket being the issue.
I’m glad I did as I believe the pump was leaking from the electrical connection. The pump sits above the starter inside the frame rail, so it’s almost impossible to see it from below.
Going through the bedroom access above was relatively easy to remove the pump. When replacing it make sure to connect the power at the bottom of the pump before dropping it into position.
It’s held on by 3 bolts to the block.
The new pump had 2 extra ports that the OEM didn’t have so make sure to order the right size plugs when you get the pump.
It was easy to reach the fuel filter while I was in the bedroom. It had one more fuel fitting and 2 bolts to remove the whole assembly and take it to the bench to remove and replace the filter.
I cycled the lift pump 3 times, then started. It stopped after a bit so I cycled the lift pump again and started with no further issues.

Big thanks to Dewey219 for his advice!

Willie Nelson.. On the road again!
Old 04-03-2021, 10:28 PM   #7

If it were mine I’d use the money to install a fass pump rather then another lift pump you would be surprised how much better the motor will perform.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:54 AM   #8

I replaced my lift pump it was a pain then a few years later I installed a fass pump and left the lift pump in place just rerouted the fuel lines around it was much easier then replacing lift pump

Tags
ace, pump, replace, replacement