Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2023, 08:11 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Looking for Cummins user forum for ISB 6.7

Hi
I am looking for a user forum, probably from Cummins or from working mechanics that may cover things beyond our Cummins forum. I sometimes need guidance with our ISB 6.7 which goes beyond what we know. Any suggestions.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2023, 10:30 AM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
How do you know who all's level of experience is here? Perhaps just ask...
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 10:40 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackwrench View Post
How do you know who all's level of experience is here? Perhaps just ask...

Did not mean to offend you. I have a complex situation with EGR and aftertreatment system of the Cummins ISB 6.7 CM2150 and it seems like I have exhausted the experience here. Sometimes a more specialized forum can have an answer.

Do you have experience with this system in the Freightliner chassis?
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Old 03-28-2023, 01:23 PM   #4

American Coach Owners Club
I'm not offended. Yes I have experience with Cummins aftertreatment. I've not read any of your other threads/post so not familiar with what's going on. I will say, the internet is a hard place to provide expert diagnostics.

EDIT- Is yours the EGR calibration issue?

....I added my $0.02 on your EGR thread, ha-ha....but again, I ain't there to really know what's going on.
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 10:10 AM   #5

Try Turbo Diesel Register. Com forum.

There are several forum members who work or did work (retirement) for Freighterliner and or Ram service writers who taught the mechanics about the systems on these vehicles. That are members and will respond to question if you have issues.
Old 03-29-2023, 10:39 AM   #6

Ask the question, may get the answer. I drive a ISB 6.7 2150.
Have repaired the egr problems. We will pass on any info we have to you. Complex problem or standard problem for ISB 6.7
basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 07:57 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If TDR doesn’t work out, try cumminsforum.com

Mostly Dodge related, but some super helpful and knowledgeable folks over there.
Scepter40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 12:57 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackwrench View Post
I'm not offended. Yes I have experience with Cummins aftertreatment. I've not read any of your other threads/post so not familiar with what's going on. I will say, the internet is a hard place to provide expert diagnostics.

EDIT- Is yours the EGR calibration issue?

....I added my $0.02 on your EGR thread, ha-ha....but again, I ain't there to really know what's going on.

Yes it is and I am having a problem figuring out what is going on too. I don't want to get in trouble for duplicate threads bur basically I have cleaned the valve, replaced the sensor, cleaned the small passages beneath the valve. Now thinking the problem might be in the DC motor that opens and closes the valve. If it is where the self test goes on and the valve is not closing I may need that DC motor. Means buying the entire valve but afraid i might clog the carbon burner. Don't think that this Freaghtliner chassis has a manual regen button.
Old 03-31-2023, 01:03 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks guys. PLEASE DON'T THINK I am not paying attention of am finished with it. We are in places where there is no phone and no internet so it takes a long time between figuring out what is next, getting the parts, finding a place I can do the work and then testing.

The original thread is here.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f123/egr...on-603717.html
Old 03-31-2023, 08:35 PM   #10

Have you signed up on the Cummins Quickserve website? You need your engine SN to create a free account there.
Since this is a Cummins issue rather than a Freightliner issue, I expect you'll find better information there.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 07:33 AM   #11

Dodge truck owners are deleting the egr system on there 6.7 diesel trucks.
Found a used one, complete with all parts. The drive motor is the same one used on my 6.7 coach. 4 bolts and the motor was off.Cleaned the old one and used the new old one on my coach. I know have a spare egr valve. Paid $50.00 cad
basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 11:02 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Have you signed up on the Cummins Quickserve website? You need your engine SN to create a free account there.
Since this is a Cummins issue rather than a Freightliner issue, I expect you'll find better information there.
I did. I have been unable to locate instruction sheets for this problem possibly because I do not know the exact terminology. Used to phone them and they emailed them to me. Miss those days I am still trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball View Post
Dodge truck owners are deleting the egr system on there 6.7 diesel trucks.
Found a used one, complete with all parts. The drive motor is the same one used on my 6.7 coach. 4 bolts and the motor was off.Cleaned the old one and used the new old one on my coach. I know have a spare egr valve. Paid $50.00 cad
just about to buy a used one myself to see if it fixes anything. I am leery of the delete kit because the EGR interfaces with the computer so what does it do when it is removed? Also what happens if I need to go to cummins for an update or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball View Post
Ask the question, may get the answer. I drive a ISB 6.7 2150.
Have repaired the egr problems. We will pass on any info we have to you. Complex problem or standard problem for ISB 6.7
Here is the original thread. Just skim where you can. I would start again from here but I can't run a second thread (site rules). I would appreciate anything you can tell me.

Please don't forget that I am in places where parts and cell coverage is rare. I replace a part, hoping it will be the one then when we move on I find it was not and have to decide what to try next before finding the part and a place to receive it. We are full timing.

Tags
cummins, forum