Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2020, 09:41 AM   #15

So I cleaned the carb and put it back on when I prime the pump then try to start I don't think it's getting any gas. I opened the drain and there was one drop and that was it. I also installed a shutoff before the carb and fuel still flows fine.
Perendinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2020, 09:52 AM   #16

The needle and seat controls the flow of gas into the bowl, just like a toilet flush float.
If no gas getting it bowl, needle valve closed. With bowl off, Float should sit level, holding carb upside down.

Carb in hand, blow into gas fitting using mouth with carb in normal position. Should be able to blow thru.

Carb in hand, blow into gas fitting holding carb upside down. Neddle valve shuts it off so no blow thru.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 10:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
The needle and seat controls the flow of gas into the bowl, just like a toilet flush float.
If no gas getting it bowl, needle valve closed. With bowl off, Float should sit level, holding carb upside down.

Carb in hand, blow into gas fitting using mouth with carb in normal position. Should be able to blow thru.

Carb in hand, blow into gas fitting holding carb upside down. Neddle valve shuts it off so no blow thru.

Hmm wish I didn't put it back in yet judging by what you said there is no way to do this while the carb is installed
Old 10-03-2020, 12:14 PM   #18

Is there a way to adjust the tension for the throttle trigger. I got a carb off Amazon and that piece is really tight.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:29 PM   #19

Throttle trigger ?

If the throttle lever is tight, try loosening the tiny screws on the throttle plate, let it move a bit and retighten.

Don't leave them loose. Engines don't like a swallowing hard parts.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Throttle trigger ?

If the throttle lever is tight, try loosening the tiny screws on the throttle plate, let it move a bit and retighten.

Don't leave them loose. Engines don't like a swallowing hard parts.
Where would said screws be
Old 10-03-2020, 06:58 PM   #21

Also when I try to prime from the inside the screen says 34
Old 10-03-2020, 08:09 PM   #22

Down in there at the yellow marks.. You need to close the throttle to get to them.Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture%2B_2020-10-03-21-05-24.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	303273
Old 10-06-2020, 06:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Down in there at the yellow marks.. You need to close the throttle to get to them.Attachment 303273

The one you sent seems to be a different model. Anyhow we left it to sit for a few days(got busy) and when it was cold it started and ran for 10-15 seconds and then got error code 15. After that it doesn’t seem to want to start again
Old 10-06-2020, 07:45 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perendinate View Post
The one you sent seems to be a different model. Anyhow we left it to sit for a few days(got busy) and when it was cold it started and ran for 10-15 seconds and then got error code 15. After that it doesn’t seem to want to start again

Quote:
Down in there at the yellow marks.. You need to close the throttle to get to them.Attachment 303273

Put the old carb back in after a good soak going to return the one from Amazon. With the old one we are now getting a error 14 and it runs fast for a second then just stops (I belive is due to error 14)
Old 10-07-2020, 11:29 AM   #25

Any time I have a generator problem my first call is to https://www.flightsystems.com/
You use "book now" on their web site and set a free meeting for them to talk you through troubleshooting the problem
they usually have you perform various test then book a follow up call
They consultations a completely free
They make money by selling their parts vs onan parts
They don't sell you stuff you don't need
My recommendation

Steve D.
swduns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 02:10 PM   #26

I’m pretty sure fault 14 is over speed did you tighten up the bumper screw on the carb to much when you had it out?
randomledder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:21 PM   #27

Which screw is the bumper screw (where is it located)
Old 10-08-2020, 07:31 AM   #28

It’s on the top of the carburetor. It has or should have a small spring under it. It is what determines how far closer the throttle butterfly can close. You should be able to see it with the carb installed.
randomledder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
not starting, onan