Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2018, 09:06 AM   #183
TR4

FA D08 095G
I have the same pump as Smitty.

Bill
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2018, 09:35 AM   #184

I installed a Fass T150G fuel pump next to the tank which puts out about 21 psi maximum at 150 gph and the CAPS FUEL injection pump. While I was getting fittings off of the old system I found the cause of the problems. Of course I replaced the feed hose. It would have fixed it without the pump but I like the concept of it, anyway.
79cvx20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:15 AM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by crad View Post
I understand why you did because placement. I putting my pump in the back between two the original filfter houseings and I'm not sure if they have any check value??? Does anyone know? Just want to do it right the first time.
Mine had a check valve in the primary filternt inlet. It was stoped up with plastic from the fuel line. Whatever you decide take the inlet line loose and check it. The plastic gets hung up there.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:50 AM   #186

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I see some of you used the HD FASS pump only and some have used the Titanium FASS pump and filters (all-in-one). I have a 01' HR Scepter w/ 8.3l ISC 330 and the fuel filters are only accessible from underneath. I'd really like to relocate the fuel filter and water seperator in the back bay (about 18 inches further) would getting the all in one from FASS be a good replacement? They claim 30k mile dependability so they sound as if they would be able to hold up to the normal 12month/12,000 mile fleetgaurd filters.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:58 AM   #187
TR4

Hi Allen,

I don’t have the “all in one” Fass, but if the specs are the same or better than the existing system, I would think you’ll be fine. You could also relocate your existing filter housings to the back compartment. Downside is you’ll have to get two new hoses made up, but you’ll be able to use the same filters.

Most people change their filters once a year. This is a good practice so the CAPS pump doesn’t get starved of fuel (the CAPS has to pull fuel from the tank and through the filters). With my Fass pump conversion I’m going on three years with the same filters. I monitor my filters with my fuel pressure gauge. I would recommend installing a fuel pressure gauge at the same time as the Fass conversion. For people using the existing lift pump system, a fuel restriction gauge would be useful.

Bill
Old 02-23-2018, 12:46 PM   #188

The FASS pump Factory told me that the Titanium 150 pump pushes better than it sucks is the other reason I put mine in the fuel tank compartment. Also, the wiring is much easier.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:10 PM   #189

Sorry for the delay responding...I have some help coming tomorrow. Plan A is to tighten the bolts, B is to replace the pump gasket of we can find one, plan c is to replace the pump with an OEM or FASS...seems like I saw a post where someone used the FASS system....any info on that would be appreciated....I'll keep posting. Thanks for everyone's help!!

LNS
chipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:49 AM   #190
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipline View Post
Sorry for the delay responding...I have some help coming tomorrow. Plan A is to tighten the bolts, B is to replace the pump gasket of we can find one, plan c is to replace the pump with an OEM or FASS...seems like I saw a post where someone used the FASS system....any info on that would be appreciated....I'll keep posting. Thanks for everyone's help!!

LNS
If you're talking about the lift pump, the gasket is available, I bought two from a Volvo dealer in Mobile, AL. Let me know if you need the name of the company and I'll look for it.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:12 AM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
If you're talking about the lift pump, the gasket is available, I bought two from a Volvo dealer in Mobile, AL. Let me know if you need the name of the company and I'll look for it.
That would be greatly appreciated!!!
chipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:37 AM   #192

Monaco Owners Club
After reading this entire thread I am thinking about doing this mod. Couple of questions...Has anybody thought about using PTFE fuel lines that are wrapped in stainless steel flew hose? Also instead of removing the old fuel lines just leave them in place and bypass them with the original pump still hooked up to the hoses. Leaving the OEM lift pump in place and still hooked up it would only run 30 seconds and just pump nothing instead of wiring a relay. I was thinking just hook pump up near the tank then run a new fuel line straight to the secondary fuel filter and be done. On our RV it appears that the fuel line from the secondary filter to the injector pump has been changed. Great thread by the way.
BigLar368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:55 AM   #193
TR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLar368 View Post
After reading this entire thread I am thinking about doing this mod. Couple of questions...Has anybody thought about using PTFE fuel lines that are wrapped in stainless steel flew hose? Also instead of removing the old fuel lines just leave them in place and bypass them with the original pump still hooked up to the hoses. Leaving the OEM lift pump in place and still hooked up it would only run 30 seconds and just pump nothing instead of wiring a relay. I was thinking just hook pump up near the tank then run a new fuel line straight to the secondary fuel filter and be done. On our RV it appears that the fuel line from the secondary filter to the injector pump has been changed. Great thread by the way.
I wouldn’t hesitate to try those fuel lines. I wouldn’t keep the original lift pump connected, the solinoid is easy to install with only two wires. Make sure you have the primary filter before the Fass pump.

Bill
Old 06-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #194

Monaco Owners Club
Funny you should say that about the primary filter. I called Fass this morning and they said absolutely no filter before their lift pump unit. The guy said that the first fuel water separator filter on the unit is the prefilter. He said after their unit it can go straight to the injector pump.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:59 PM   #195

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry....guess I should have said I was looking at the pump with the filters incorporated into the unit.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:25 AM   #196
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipline View Post
That would be greatly appreciated!!!
The part number is 4928511 and I bought it from Capital Volvo in Montgomery, AL 334-262-8856. I bought two and with shipping it was ~$20.

Tags
need help