Thanks to the folks that replied. I thought I would report back how it all came out.
First, the report on Coachnet. I think they did a great job. We were pretty much in the middle of nowhere, the closest small town was Jeffrey City, WY. It was about 62 miles from the nearest service facility that could help us, which was in Rawlins, WY. We got through the first level which handles the incoming call, to the second level which is a tech that evaluates whether you need a tow, to the third level dispatch that sends out the tow in about an hour. There was a little confusion along the way as to our exact location, but, once we got that sorted out, they got a tow on the way. He had to drive an hour out to get us, but, he came with the right sized truck and the experience to get our big rig with a tag axle towed. There was an issue getting access to the drive shaft to disconnect it. It has to be disconnected to protect the transmission when towing. The alternative was to pull the axle, which is what we eventually did, however, this required a tool that the tow operator did not have on board, because of a peculiarity of our coach. So, back to coachnet, who dispatched a 2nd truck, a mechanic truck this time, with the right tool, another hour out from town. Upon arriving the axle was out in about 15 minutes, and we were underway on the tow shortly after that. An interesting side note, while all this was going on, another person drove up in a car looking for tow help after dropping his travel trailer along the road with a bad wheel bearing. He had AAA and said that upon reaching them on the phone, they had told him they could not help him because he had an RV policy and his travel trailer was not considered to be an RV.
We were towed to Wyoming Diesel in Rawlins and got unhooked from the truck about midnight, by which time the tow operator had been on this job for over 6 hours. The next day Wyoming Diesel was able to determine that the radiator could be repaired in the coach, since it was made of copper instead of aluminum, which they did. The cost to repair the radiator, and put back the axle, etc was 827.02. I had them do some other work as well, all of which seemed to be reasonably priced, and we were back on the road the next day.
Bob, Janice & Guinness the Hound
2001 Monaco Executive (MuttRHome)
with Saturn Vue in tow