Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2021, 07:27 PM   #15

Isl 400 turbo size

I have a 2006 ISL 400 on a FL chassis , pre- egr, and have been trying to size a turbo blanket.

I can find info on the turbo, but can not find size info like T4,T5,T6 or bigger.

Seems like you folks may have purchased custom fit apps, but today there a few "standard sized blankets", that are very reasonable in pricing.

Since I am posting to an older thread, I have to ask if , there have been any long term issues after using the turbo blanket and exhaust wraps?

RAB

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Party Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2021, 10:45 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 2006 ISL400 in my 2008 Camelot. Due to the terrible bedroom heat, I wrapped my exhaust. ATP (Advanced Thermal Products) in CA made mine and and saved the file for it.

https://atpwrap.com

Attachment 350609

Here’s a thread on it:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/hot...ly-451847.html

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:08 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
That picture attachment didn’t work very well! I try it again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0795.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	350640

Old 12-05-2021, 11:27 AM   #18

Thanks

Happycarz,

I assume from your post the that you didn't experience any negative results after installing your insulation.

I also believe that Monaco, was building their own chassis at that time and so the exhaust plumbing could be different from my FL XC?

Thanks for the pic's

RAB

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Old 12-05-2021, 11:57 AM   #19

I had turbo blankets on my boat. Theory was the heat coming off the pipe is extremely hot and in a boat everything is flammable. They were just another level of protection from a falling wire bundle or whatever else could fall into it while underway.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 05:10 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
The piece at top of picture is the exhaust pipe wrap. It starts at the PacBrake, goes a foot or so and then bends down at 90°. That part might be different on yours. But that is the easiest piece to have modified.
No adverse effects in 10 years.

My ISL400 is a CPL 1096. You may want to look at your engine tag to see if yours is the same.

Old 12-05-2021, 06:48 PM   #21

Great info

Thanks guys

I don't know why is missed the conversation a few years back.

My FL xc ISL 400 has a two setting engine brake vs the Pac-Brake. So my exhaust is just pipe after the turbo charger.

This Motorhome has had engine heat issues from day one, but with the all of the mods from FL and I installed a second radiator in the heater line, has all helped.

My thinking now is pushing as much heat out the exhaust, and keeping the engine compartment as well as the air in the intercooler as cool as possible.

RAB

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Old 12-27-2021, 06:26 PM   #22

My F150 has water cooled turbos. I figured it was to keep people from cooking the seals. Gasoline does burn hot, so that might it as well. I have only seen the blankets on boats too. Good thing when you are changing fuel filters underway.
RonAz is offline   Reply With Quote