Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2022, 12:43 PM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Turbo Part Number?

I have a 1999/2000 Coachmen Santara 370 MBS diesel pusher with a Cummins 5.9L ISB 24 valve. I am wondering if anyone knows what turbo,(part number) for these motors. I would like to find one to purchase as a spare.
Thanks
Pez Vela is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2022, 02:30 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Go to the Cummins Quickserve site https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html
Create an account and register your engines SN

You will have access to lots of information including parts breakdown which will include info on the turbo.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 05:27 PM   #3

Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
Go to the Cummins Quickserve site https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html
Create an account and register your engines SN

You will have access to lots of information including parts breakdown which will include info on the turbo.
Thanks. Tried several times to create account. Way to complicated for me. Site is not user friendly, in my opinion. Hoping someone on this site has first hand information.
Old 07-07-2022, 05:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez Vela View Post
I have a 1999/2000 Coachmen Santara 370 MBS diesel pusher with a Cummins 5.9L ISB 24 valve. I am wondering if anyone knows what turbo,(part number) for these motors. I would like to find one to purchase as a spare.
Thanks
I think they make Insite registration difficult to keep out the spammers and flakes.

You can call Cummins customer service at 1-800-286-6467. You'll need the serial number from your engine.
Old 07-07-2022, 10:50 PM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
I think they make Insite registration difficult to keep out the spammers and flakes.

You can call Cummins customer service at 1-800-286-6467. You'll need the serial number from your engine.
Thank you. I'll try that.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:38 PM   #6

A 1999 ISB 5.9 should have a HX35W turbo on it.
Old 07-09-2022, 05:14 PM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320Fastback View Post
A 1999 ISB 5.9 should have a HX35W turbo on it.
Thank you
Old 07-15-2022, 08:17 PM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I am doing a search on line for the HX35W turbo for my 1999 ISB 5.9 L Cummins in my Coachmen Santara 370MBS. The prices vary from around $200 to $2,000. Why the big spread? I must be missing something
Old 07-15-2022, 08:19 PM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Most applications merely say it will fit a 5.9 L ISB. Does that mean it doesn't matter if it's in a pickup truck or a diesel pusher RV?
Old 07-16-2022, 12:11 AM   #10

It gave me fits to register. Even though not required field or show up red after not letting you proceed, I had to put something in company field, and that worked.
I had given up more times than I care to admit trying to register. Its not easiest sight to navigate by any means even after registering . But I found things I didn't know about my old M11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez Vela View Post
Thanks. Tried several times to create account. Way to complicated for me. Site is not user friendly, in my opinion. Hoping someone on this site has first hand information.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 09:08 PM   #11

Replacing turbo

I have a 1998.5 Santara and my turbo internals were replaced. You can buy a turbo cartridge instead of the whole turbo. Much cheaper, but stay away from Chinese knockoffs buy a genuine Holset cartridge.
Rcook1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:06 AM   #12

Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Good information to know. Thanks. I am more concerned with my turbo blades coming apart. Just thought I'd have a spare on hand in case it goes bad while on the road. Just trying to figure out why there is such a disparity in pricing. I must be missing something.
Old 07-21-2022, 04:53 PM   #13

Your probably looking at a true holset turbo which would be up there in price and a Chinese knock off. There are many sites that sell real holset stuff like the cartridge I told you about. I’ll try to find a site with the real parts and get back to you. I just went through that with mine. I replaced the VP44 and got rid of the lift pump for a Fass system. The previous owner of my coach replaced the turbo internals plus many other things. Now I have a great running coach and doing it myself I saved a bundle. Ok I checked and found that parts geek has cartridges from several reputable company’s like “Mahle” and others . The price for a cartridge is less than 300.00 . Stay away from the ones that are less than 150.00 .
Rcook1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 11:23 AM   #14

Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcook1956 View Post
Your probably looking at a true holset turbo which would be up there in price and a Chinese knock off. There are many sites that sell real holset stuff like the cartridge I told you about. I’ll try to find a site with the real parts and get back to you. I just went through that with mine. I replaced the VP44 and got rid of the lift pump for a Fass system. The previous owner of my coach replaced the turbo internals plus many other things. Now I have a great running coach and doing it myself I saved a bundle. Ok I checked and found that parts geek has cartridges from several reputable company’s like “Mahle” and others . The price for a cartridge is less than 300.00 . Stay away from the ones that are less than 150.00 .
Roger that. Thanks all for the information. This group is the bomb!

Tags
turbo