Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Cummins Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2018, 04:48 PM   #1

X 15 605 Active Regen about every 5K miles.

On our 18 Newmar London Aire with a Spartan K3 605 engine we are going about 5K miles for each regen and the last one the check engine light came on at the same time.

We have a Newmar London Aire with the X 15 engine which is a 2018 model and after 10K miles we have had 2 active Re-gen and am wondering if that is what other owners are getting. It is on active Re-gen for about a hour worth of driving. The X 15 has a different exhaust emission system for 18 and forward.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2018, 06:34 PM   #2

I have the ISX and never had a regen in 26,000 miles nor has my friend with the same year and engine. So I don't know. My ISL 9 regen every 4,000 miles or so.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:07 PM   #3

Sorry, Gotta ask. How do you know when a regen is taking place? I’ve got 25K on my K2 ISL 9 and have not seen anything on the dash that indicates a regen....What am I missing?
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:14 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
On my '09 CC with 650 ISX a light comes on as well as notice on the dash module warning of a hot exhaust. And CC was thoughtful enough to put a manual regen swith on the console in case I need it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:03 AM   #5

Having some sort of indication would be nice, but I don’t see a thing. Again, maybe I’m missing something....

I talked with another K2 owner of the same year. He told me that his fuel mileage drops down to about 4.0mpg on his dash computer. Unfortunately, I don’t pay attention to that.
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:19 PM   #6

Checked fuel economy after re-gen and it was 7.7 which is the best so far with 10K miles.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
On our 18 Newmar London Aire with a Spartan K3 605 engine we are going about 5K miles for each regen and the last one the check engine light came on at the same time.

We have a Newmar London Aire with the X 15 engine which is a 2018 model and after 10K miles we have had 2 active Re-gen and am wondering if that is what other owners are getting. It is on active Re-gen for about a hour worth of driving. The X 15 has a different exhaust emission system for 18 and forward.
Newmar Man
My Thor Palazzo is currently at Freightliner getting a new DPF. If you are having to (or it is automatic) Regen that often you may have a fuel or turbo issue. Still waiting to hear if my failure was from a leaking HPL in the turbo or injector. Diag tech was confident it was one of these two. There are a few other possible causes but these are the most likely.
MEWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:47 AM   #8

Regen Switch

Our coach "quite" on the way home from Cummins service and needed a Regen.

When we called Cummins for help, which was severely lacking, they asked if my coach had a "Regen Switch".

Talked to Tiffin and they said they don't put one in.

So the question is how would such a switch be installed? Has anyone attempted such an installation?
Wsufans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:09 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post

Newmar Man

We have a 17 LA with the ISX15, my neighbor is a diesel mechanic as we were just getting home an amber light on dash came on with a whoosh symbol. He came right over and said it was in regeneration mode. I let him drive it up the interstate to burn off soot from dpf. I about flipped from every start he had the pedal to the medal. He stated these motors are rated to pull 80,000lbs. and not enough load, basically the engine was shifting to fast and bogging engine, took my Allison out of Economy mode and now when conditions permit when merging on highways etc. the pedal is to the metal and no more regents...
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote