RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Caterpillar Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-17-2020, 05:39 PM   #1

C9 FASS pump

I have been searching all day and cant find any definitive answer to this question.

Will a FASS electric pump help my C9 with slightly hard start and rough running at first. I had a Cummins ISC in my last coach and this set up made a world of difference. I dont think any of these factory fuel pumps were designed to pull fuel 30 feet and through 2 filters.

Please let me know your thoughts I was hoping it might help the HEUI pump last longer as it would not be pulling fuel any longer.

Thanks
pvantuyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2020, 06:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvantuyl View Post
I have been searching all day and cant find any definitive answer to this question.

Will a FASS electric pump help my C9 with slightly hard start and rough running at first. I had a Cummins ISC in my last coach and this set up made a world of difference. I dont think any of these factory fuel pumps were designed to pull fuel 30 feet and through 2 filters.

Please let me know your thoughts I was hoping it might help the HEUI pump last longer as it would not be pulling fuel any longer.

Thanks

I have a C-9 and it starts great and idles great. How many miles are on it and has the filters been changed plus use only Cat Advanced Efficiency FuelFilters. Sound like you may have injector problems. Do you see any smoke at startup. I use Amsoil 5w40 because of the HEUI pump and only go max 6K before an oil change.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:50 PM   #3

I just bought it. Its an 07 with 9500 miles on it. I just picked up new filters but have not installed them yet. Im hoping that fixes it but won't know for a few days.
Oil was changed by and unknown place 1.5 years ago but never driven so no miles on the oil.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvantuyl View Post
I just bought it. Its an 07 with 9500 miles on it. I just picked up new filters but have not installed them yet. Im hoping that fixes it but won't know for a few days.
Oil was changed by and unknown place 1.5 years ago but never driven so no miles on the oil.
9500mi dang. I would be doing fuel filters and an oil change 33 to 34 qts of oil. I like a full syn oil and a 5w40. What make coach is it.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:36 PM   #5

Fleetwood Revolution. Its like brand new. ����
Old 10-17-2020, 08:31 PM   #6
Cat

If its been sitting that long I would change all the filters and oils. Then I would take and run it for a couple hundred miles before doing anything else. You might want to have the fuel tested a 2007 that's been sitting could have bad fuel. Safe Travels
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:55 PM   #7

Thanks for the ideas. Will do. Just ordered everything.