Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Caterpillar Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-21-2021, 09:08 PM   #15

I've had no issues getting parts for my 3126B from the Cat dealer. If they don't have what I need in stock, they usually get it in a day or two. Although my engine has been reliable, I've done a lot of preventative maintenance over the past year since we bought it.

No concerns at all, I love my Cat engine. Definitely recommend them.
Ted DuPuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2021, 10:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengardner View Post
Thanks CountryB. That information is very helpful. Wife is more interested in a newer model (2014-2018 ) or so , I would rather have a 2000-2008 higher quality model so we still have to work that out. Any information on the Cumming engines from those years ? Ill post on that forum but thought you might have some knowledge on that subject also. Ken

Cat parts can usually be had next day if they dont have them in stock. You have a good plan there buying high-end pre-emissions. You need to convince your wife that you do or tell her that she can work on it if it breaks down because of emissions issues. Lol.
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
X2 for the C12. We have >125,000 miles on our C12 and she runs beautifully. Nothing beats the huge 1550 ft-lbs of torque. IMO people worry too much about HP but don't understand the importance of torque.
Same with our C12... glides over steep hills pulling our Equinox without a whimper. Also, there are CAT dealerships all over the country and practically all will work on MHs with CAT motors.
MO Fred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, cat, repair, repairs