Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Caterpillar Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2020, 03:29 AM   #1

Stop Engine / Check Engine Lights

Stop engine/check engine lights with buzzer come on for a few seconds when accelerating above 60 MPH. 2005 Winnebago Vectra, 350 caterpillar, 58,000 miles. Local repair place has replaced two sensors and not solved problem yet. All other gauges look good. Does not show any fault codes. HELp
tpaullewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2020, 10:40 AM   #2

Welcome to iRV2

Sorry your first post is about problems .

Questions ?
Has the shop , road tested the coach with their scanner attached to see if the codes are generated with the lights, then erased when the lights go off?
Can you list the sensors , that have been replaced ?
Is the engine power limited when the lights are on ?
If you accelerate from 60 , using the cruise control accelerate function , does the same issue occur ?
Old 04-10-2020, 12:48 PM   #3

Have they replaced the fuel filters ?
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:10 PM   #4

Hello, Are you at a CAT shop? If so run a status report stop guessing If not at a cat shop I would get to one Thanks, Joe

And yes replace fuel filters
the sights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 11:23 AM   #5

We have a C-7 350hp that does the same thing but mostly when I try to push it too hard up a hill.

I suspect it is the turbo waste gate not opening enough and it over pressures the system and sets off an alarm. If I back off on the throttle, the alarm stops.

A good mechanic can check the operation of the waste gate and lubricate it if necessary, it might help your situation.

Check the Cat forum to see what others have experienced and their solutions.
Old 04-12-2020, 12:31 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry, for your problem, I agree, you are going to need a diagnostic computer plugged into your data port, when it happens.

The reason shops have not been able to see the fault is a simple one.
The fault must be active when they pull the code. Meaning it MUST be active, when they do it.

Unless they are the CAT software, they may not be able to see the history fault codes.
gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:16 PM   #7

I had the same issue last year on my 2004 330 HP Cat C7. My wastegate was frozen nearly or completely shut. I have the ScanGage D and got boost pressure sensor error. Changed sensor, no fix. Tested the gate and it would not budge. Even took it to a welding shop to super heat it to loosen it. Ended up replacing the turbo at $2000.00 from CAT. Took my time and had no issues. Lubing is now on my maintenance. I use the pacbrake lube. Easy to test the gate. Remove the blue airline out from the joint above the turbo and apply air into the line using air from a compressor at about 30 lbs and watch the rod that activates the wastegate. If it moves freely, the gate is moving. If no motion, it is frozen. I had 48,000 mile on mine and when it was off, the turbines were shot.

I believe there is a YouTube video on checking a wastegate. Good luck!
LPD218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaullewis View Post
Stop engine/check engine lights with buzzer come on for a few seconds when accelerating above 60 MPH. 2005 Winnebago Vectra, 350 caterpillar, 58,000 miles. Local repair place has replaced two sensors and not solved problem yet. All other gauges look good. Does not show any fault codes. HELp
I have the same problem after searching hi and low finely . The Waste Gate on the turbo $79.00 I was at the point at 1900 RPM Dash lights came on Stop engine and Engine light after talking to a older CAT Tech he said this is typical rubber diagram dries up. I have a 2005 Newmar Dutchstar C7 Freightliner frame.
rallain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 03:47 PM   #9

Cat warning lights

I had this problem for a long time but it would only happy on occasion; usually on a long steep climb. Caterpillar replaced boost sensor. Did not solve. Later I replaced the boost sensor and the oil pressure sensor. Again no help. Worked on the turbo lever actuation and made sure turbo waste gate was working and not stuck. Replaced hose to turbo. No real help. Cat tech mentioned to me that I might try to replace the atmosphere sensor. It was $200 and I was pretty tired of replacement and doing things that didn't solve the problem. Well I found a atmosphere sensor that was on sale so bought it and installed. Amazing problem solved!! Should have done this earlier. Good luck on this frustration.
aztortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 06:49 AM   #10

I am having a similar problem, but it doesn't have any pattern, as it just randomly the check engine light comes on. I have noticed that going over a bump will make it go away. I might have to take it to shop where they have Cat software. I suspect a corroded sensor. It performs good, all fluid levels are full. I had an issue with the dash a couple of years ago trying to tell me I lost air pressure. I took the dash apart and unplugged all the fittings and plugged them back in. Problem solved as it has not acted up since.
desertdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 06:13 PM   #11

sounds like turbo waste gate issues
rallain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check engine light, engine, light, lights