Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Allison Transmission Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #1

3060 Not going in gear

Help! I have a 94 Fleetwood just got it about a year ago took a 3 hr trip and got to the parking spot all was fine went to back up a couple of feet and had a alarm and wouldnt shift into any gear so spent the night got up the next day work perfect till yesterday went to get ready for another trip pulled up to fill water tanks moved it about 60 ft everything normal then went to go fuel up and wouldnt shift again. I installed new batteries in the process lost power to ecm found a wire pulled loose fixed that everything seems ok went and fueled up(6 miles away) got ready to leave station wouldnt shift rebooted system looked over what i could after about 30 minutes it went to working again after i got home stopped went to netreual then back to drive and got the alarm and no shifting. Pulled plugs on ECM looks ok pulled plug on trans looks ok tried and worked 12-15 times put in gear and hold the brake then run at 1000 rpm for a few minutes to bring temp up and then it dont shift shut off engine restart and it shifts got any ideas ps this is the first time it has been used since the first part of Nov.
Hillpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #2

So have you read the trouble code by with the motor running and in neutral push both the up and down arrow on the shifter at the same time twice and you should start reading the diagnostic codes.

Also with the transmission at greater than 140* F you should check the fluid level. See the Operators manual on how to do it with the Shift Arrows.

If you go to this post your can get the Owners manual for the 3000 series and decipher the diagnostic codes.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f125/oper...ual-84458.html
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #3

Thanks for your help I didnt get a good manual when i got it. I think I might have it figured out I hope I think that it is going out on a to high idle I found one of my return springs broke and when I checked it this morning real quick before work it shifted fine and with just a touch of throttle it went to alarm. I think thats why it was just doing it after I eased off the throttle the one spring didnt have enough to pull it below the alarm point. Find out for sure tomorrow headed to Louisville for the big farm show. Thanks again for your help
Old 02-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #4

That problem should have dropped a fault code. You should check and see what it is then clear it as in the book and see if your get anymore codes during the trip, Hope you have a safe and uneventful trip.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #5

Thanks Mike I have a manual on the way so that should help me figure the codes and how to do all that. I had a great trip no shifting problems at all everything went good perfect wheather!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:34 AM   #6

On my first post above I included a link name Operators Manual that would take you to another post where I had attached a .pdf copy of the Allison 3000 and 4000 Operators Manual for you to download.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #7

It's been a couple weeks since your last update and you may have already figured it out but it sounds like your idle is too high. The Allison will not shift into gear if idle is above 750 - 800 RPM. Your broken return spring will probably fix this and also lube the linkage at the fuel pump.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #8

Well after 2 days of pulling my hair out the return spring did the trick. It has never idle down that low before I thought it was going to die first time i came to a stop sign, everything worked good Thanks everybody for your help