Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Allison Transmission Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2022, 12:02 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
Nope, ain't gunna do it. I worked hard doing all my own wrenching for decades. No more unless it's simple stuff that I enjoy.

I have the book with exploded view of the filters right in front of me, sure it looks easy, so I'll pay someone to do it. Ain't crawling under there myself unless I have to.

Gotta mention the bad knees, bad back, bad eyes, and surly attitude. Because of that I'll pay some younger guy to handle the wrenching stuff for me. What's retirement for anyway? Working? or relaxing while someone else works?
Then get used to...

1. Park it over there and we'll get to it in a few weeks.

2. We don't work on RVs.

3. Watching someone pour oil in the trans tube.
VIN#1GBJP37N4R3314754
Flight System G-Man 360 generator man (PM me)
1972VWbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2022, 05:16 AM   #16

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972VWbus View Post
Then get used to...

2. We don't work on RVs.

Wow, you are responding to a post from 3/26-21.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:49 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972VWbus View Post
Then get used to...

2. We don't work on RVs.

Have never needed to wait more then a few days for service because these machines I've owned seemed to be able to limp a few dozen miles to an RV park where I normally arrange for a mobile tech or some young guy in the park to work on things for me. One time I had Coachnet haul me 55 miles to a diesel shop but that's the only time over 18 years of full time RV'ing I asked for that sort of thing, ended up happening twice. The shop I had the RV towed to hired a drunk to work on the Cummins head and the work he did damaged it again, I got 8 miles away and the engine seized up...so back it went.

I did have that dummy that poured oil in the ATF fill tube but caught him just in time. Ended up getting a free tranni dump and fill and free oil change. Exactly why I sort of hang around the shops that I do go to so I can observe.

The one shop I went to that wouldn't allow anyone to see what they were doing? The Winnebago Service Dept. in Forest City, IA. Annndddd they screwed up several things, which I found out days later. I'll never go back there for sure.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 06:45 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer1 View Post
Wow, you are responding to a post from 3/26-21.
Yep...

Because inherently someone will read this and wished they had read it sooner (be in that very position).
VIN#1GBJP37N4R3314754
Flight System G-Man 360 generator man (PM me)
1972VWbus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, transmission