Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Allison Transmission Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Scan Guage II Allison 6 Speed

Does any one have the Scan Guage II transmission fluid temperature working with the Allison 6 speed transmission?
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't believe so John,but I'm going to head down to Texas after the first of the year to see Oemy to try to get it figured out. The trany temp was one of the top reasons I bought the Scan II gauge!

Workhorse W-22, UltraPower,496 cubic inches of
Whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Any update on ScanGauge Codes for the Allison 6-Speed? Will these codes work on any 6-Speed? I have the 2350 MH...
Gotta_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:48 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm sorry to report that there is NO progress on this problem at this time.I tried!

Old 03-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
gg

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have tried all the codes Omey has offered with no success thus far.

I have contacted Scanguage directly for any code updates for the 6 speed Allison trans temp and the response has been "Not Yet." Asking since Aug 2008.

Has anyone installed a low cost trans temp guage?

I hate to drive up the Rockys with the doghouse cover off so I can use the hand held IR temp/Laser gun.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I received this e-mail from Linear-Logic today in response to an e-mail I sent them back on the 17th of March. I don't currently have my ScanGauge in my rig, but was wondering if this had already been tried and if so, with what results?

Quote:
Paul,

If you use the CMNDS feature of the ScanGaugeII and send the commands
0100, 0120, and 0140, and get a response beginning with 4100, 4120,
4140, for each of the three, we can look at the response to see what
your vehicle's ECU is reporting. Just write down the responses and send
them to me and I can reference the data.

Thank you,

Scott Ross
Linear Logic, LLC
If anyone has tried this, or cares to try it and wants to send me the results, I'll happily forward them on to Scott, being as it appears we may have finally gotten someone's attention...

Paul
Old 03-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Paul,send this to Oemy,he is in contact with Linear-logic also.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler View Post
Paul,send this to Oemy,he is in contact with Linear-logic also.
If he's already communicating with them, he's probably already tried this. If I remember correctly though, doesn't he have the 5 speed Allison and was looking for someone with a 6-speed to do some testing? I'll have to find his e-mail address and shoot it to him to see if he's already tried it. Thanks...

Paul
Old 03-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I went to Texas(Oemy) in February with my six speed,and NO luck.He spent time with Linear-Logic on the phone,but to be honest with you,I don't think L-L gives a damn about the small number of six speeds out there.I'd love to have the tranny temp too,but I'm not holding my breath!

Old 03-31-2010, 06:11 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Whaler,

I e-mailed Oemy, and as I suspected, he has the 5-Speed Tranny and no access to a 6-Speed Tranny, so he recommended I post this to the web to see if anyone else with a 6-Speed Allison and a ScanGauge to give it a try. Once my ScanGauge and RV are re-united, I'll give it a try, but it may be a couple weeks before that happens. So, if anyone out there wants to give it a try and post the results, I can forward them on to Scott and see what he can do for us...
Old 03-31-2010, 05:20 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
OK Paul,if you think you can walk me through the process,e-mail me and we can set up a time,and I will be in the coach and we can be on the phone to do it.We'll see what happens.I'll cross my fingers!

Old 03-31-2010, 06:12 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler View Post
OK Paul,if you think you can walk me through the process,e-mail me and we can set up a time,and I will be in the coach and we can be on the phone to do it.We'll see what happens.I'll cross my fingers!
Ha, you're making a huge assumption that I know what I'm doing! I'll have to download the ScanGauge Manual and see if I can figure out how to do it! I was really hoping someone here knew how and would just pop those codes in and post the responses! Let's see if I can make heads or tails from the manual...
Old 03-31-2010, 06:30 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Here's the directions from the ScanGauge Manual on how to sent a command:

Quote:
MORE=>MORE=>CMNDS
In this mode sequences can be selected, edited or sent to the vehicle and responses displayed. This allows special sequences which are unique to a specific vehicle or rarely used to be sent. Any returned data will be displayed. Up to 10 sequences can be put into these memory locations for later recall. They are stored in non-volatile memory and will not be lost when the unit is disconnected from the vehicle.
The upper right and left buttons cause the memory selection to be changed. When the desired memory has been chosen, it can be edited or transmitted to the vehicle.
Pressing HOME will return the display to the home screen. Pressing EDIT will switch to an entry screen.
This shows the display for an unprogrammed memory location. The left buttons will increment/decrement the currently selected character through all the available hexadecimal values (0 to 9 and A to F) and a space. The upper-right button will move the character selection. The selection will proceed to the maximum allowed characters for the current protocol and then jumps back to the starting character. This allows the maximum length allowed to be sent by OBD to be used.
Pressing OK will save the value to non-volatile memory and return to the previous screen where it can be sent or another memory location
< MEMORY 0 > <EDIT SEND>
+_ » - OK>
selected. Pressing the HOME button will exit this screen without saving the value and return to the HOME screen. An even number of characters must be used. If an odd number is used, a “0” is automatically appended to the command.
A CRC or Checksum is added automatically to the command when it is sent but it is not displayed in the edit screen.
An example of using these functions follows. The EDIT function is used to set up the following command:
Pressing OK changes back to the previous screen:
Pressing SEND causes the message to be sent. If there is a response to the message, it will be shown:
The CRC sent back will be checked to make sure the correct data was received and is not removed from the displayed value. The first response returned after the command is sent is displayed. If there is a lot of traffic on the bus, this may not be the response to the command you sent. It may be necessary to resend the command and check for the correct response.
Pressing OK will return you to the previous screen where you can edit the command, resend it, or select another command.
Here's the commands from Linear-Logic:

Quote:
If you use the CMNDS feature of the ScanGaugeII and send the commands
0100, 0120, and 0140, and get a response beginning with 4100, 4120,
4140, for each of the three, we can look at the response to see what
your vehicle's ECU is reporting. Just write down the responses and send
them to me and I can reference the data.
So, if you get to the CMNDS Screen, enter one of the three codes provided by Scott, press send and see if it returns a code that starts with 4100, 4120 or 4140, and then try the next code. If it works, post the results here. If it doesn't, I'll try it when I get back and see if I have any better luck...
Old 03-31-2010, 09:16 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
OK, maybe I'll call Oemy after I go over the manuel too,or,give me the phone # of your guy.