Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Allison Transmission Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #1

Temperature sending units

Can anyone tell me where the temp. sending units are located on my 1994 HR Navigator Cummins 300 engine and 6 speed Allison transmission. I need to replace both engine and transmission sensors.
wglasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #2

Here's where the Allison sensor is. Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Allison Trans Temp sensor location.pdf (40.3 KB, 146 views)
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #3

Normally the engine temp sensor on an engine is located very close to the thermostat housing. If you follow the upper radiator hose down to where it connects to the motor you will probably find the water temp sensor which will be screwed into the head.

Just for interest because it is pretty unusual to lose both temp sensors do you have a Allison trouble code indicating the transmission temp sensor is bad? Also, what indications do you have that the engine temp sensor is bad?
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wglasson View Post
Can anyone tell me where the temp. sending units are located on my 1994 HR Navigator 6 speed Allison transmission. I need to replace transmission sensor.
If you 94 is like the 98-02 Allisons I've messed with, the trans fluid temp sensor is located on one of the cooler hose fittings on the front of the trans. The single wire lead can easily come loose which would cause you to loose your trans temp gauge readout.

We hope this helps