Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Allison Transmission Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2019, 07:47 AM   #1

Trans warning light 95 Monaco M11 / 4060 Crown Royale

I'm looking at 95 Monaco M11 / 4060 Crown Royal with aqua hot,24" rims,in motion sat. , one piece fiberglass roof , newer ACs ,side radiator, 4 wheel disc brk.. Went through coach for a day. Owner pointed everything he knew wrong.The only things I found alone was a missing rear bilstien shock just rubber bushing on top bolt and damaged ref. vent.
When it started the trans warning light was on. He said it drove fine, so took for a 40 mile ride him out me back. It has 120k he used it for 11 years stored inside pole barn , used not so much last 2yrs. He said he still ran and drove it as not to let it just sit. Batteries were dirty but still functioned , so I believe it more.He built & raced a drag car and towed it on trailer with MH. Took a lot of care for RV has box of bunch of spare belts, filters, headlight. He has CDL and Tows campers form Indiana out west, has lift in garage. Does not seem like run into ground type guy.
He replaced the genny with a boxed 12k unit and said the person that helped wire up interior controls ,didn't plug the cruise control wires on switches "in left arm rest switch cluster area "and he was too big to get in there.
From my understanding it's a very good motor / trans combo, but doo doo happens. Not a drip from motor or trans.

BACK to TRANS
No other lights came on, temps stayed under 165 shifting felt seamless. Only really even felt last down shifts coming up one hill to stop.
I have downloaded code manual / operator & troubleshooting.
I will pull codes and post them.
I guess we should clear codes and see if they come back on another run.
I have been doing a lot of reading most problems are wiring issues could it be cruise control wires.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
light, monaco