Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Allison Transmission Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
what to do

Hi,all ,another trip another problem.Life is good After driving about 250 miles non stop on interstate,when after stoping for a light,my check trans light came on.I was able to pull off to the side of road and check fluid level. It looked OK but Iwas not on level ground.After stoping engine,and restarting ,the light went out .When starting off it seemed the shifts were quicker ,like it was in ecno mode,(it was not)Made it 10 miles to CG without any problem and no check light.Man at the desk said he had one that the measure stick was not right and he always had to over fill some.Any thoughts on what to do.All answers will recive a good fresh cup of joe next time we camp close.
Thanks Bill
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #2

If there was a Check Tranny light then there was a fault code stored. I am assuming this is a 3000 Allison transmission. So with the motor running and the tranny in neutral push both the UP and DOWN shift arrows at the same time on ther tranny shift panel. This first push is going to be the Check Fluid Level and your transmission will be too cold so you will get a fault. Now push the two arrows again at the same time and you will be in the Diagnostic Mode and will probably have a fault code. Write it down. Now if the MODE red LED is on means there are more fault codes so push the MODE button to see them. A fault code will look like d,1,1,3,1,2. Each number will appear for about one second so you will first see a "d" the a "1" then a "1" then a "3" then a "1" then a "2". Then it will repeat itself. Once you have wriiten that all down then push the MODE button to read the next code if any. You can clear the codes by holding the MODE button down for more than three seconds. Post your codes here when you get them.

Next time you drive you MH and get the tranny fluid good and warm and above 140* then pull into somewhere that is level and with the engine running and in neutral let it sit for FIVE minutes to let the fluid drain into the sump now push both the UP and DOWN arrows and it will tell you the tranny fluid level. This is how Allison wants you to check it and NOT with the dipstick.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Thanks Mike,I did not include enough imfo,It is a2000MH And does not have push bottons,it has a moorse shifter.It is fully electronic control,but with a shifter.Would the OB-2 Hold the imfo for the tranny.
Thanks---Bill
Old 11-10-2011, 05:56 AM   #4

No problem. Everything is the same except instead of pushthe UP and DOWN arrows you push the MODE button twice.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Thanks again Mike.We will pulling out next tues,will try it then. I hope you are talking about the enco-mode.botton,Its the only one I have.
Bill
I now owe you 2 big cups of joe
Old 11-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
...This is how Allison wants you to check it and NOT with the dipstick.
Just highlighting a very important sentence in this excellent post. Ditto ditto ditto... Use the keypad not the dipstick!
ottffss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
never knew that and our Grain Trucks have these transmissions... we've always used the dipstick LOL learn something knew every day! Thanks!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:46 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ours doesn't even have a dip stick.......!
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote