Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Powerstroke Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #1

Ford flash update and sct tune revision

I just recently had my 2008 f-350 6.4 psd reflashed at ford and then loaded the new firmware and tune revision from SCT and have since been having the dreaded wrench and reduced engine power flashing on the dash I do run the off road tune with dpf delete but have never had an issue at all any one else experience this yet thanks
Belgianhors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
you might want to check over on Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com or F-Series & SuperDuty Diesel Forums where you fill find a wealth of info on Ford diesels and people to help you.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:50 AM   #3

Yes I have been all over those sites nothing recent at all on the topic so thought I'd try here thanks
Old 11-14-2011, 09:19 AM   #4

I'd see if you can download new data for the tuner, take your truck back to stock and then reload. I see a lot of problems with the tuners having bad data. Good luck.
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #5

Lol yes that has been exactly the issue SCT has revised their firmware and tunes to run the updated p series ford flashes which in order to update your tuner you need to return to stock and have reflashed at dealer then put on new updated SCT tune I'm sure we will get it worked out just curious if any else run into yet but may be too new to see results .
Old 11-15-2011, 06:40 AM   #6

You ARE aware that the update is to narrow the parameters that sense impending problems within the engine? Ford supposedly wants to put the engine into 'limp' mode sooner than with the original computer program would do it to reduce major warranty issues. 'Course your warranty is toast if Ford finds the tuner install...you still under warranty?
The flash on my '09 is a total positive result--except the CEF warning is inconsistent and regens are also not always seen on the dash. I seem to have gained almost 1 mpg hand-calculated since the flash was installed.
You seem to be aware it is an SCT issue, not Ford.
Good luck.
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #7

I see a lot of guys with problems using the SCT. They are on the diesel forum all the time. Seems like a bunch of other people write the tunes for them and not all of them are good. I have a Super Chip tuner which is limited but works well. I use the heavy tow and it gives me more hp and torque but is a safe tune. I was going to buy the SCT to tune the trans as well but I'm afraid of screwing up the truck. Good luck.
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:57 AM   #8

Yes my truck is now out of warranty I done the dpf delete and tuner in 08 at 40,000kms I am close with my dealer and have never had an issue the truck had been awesome I now have 197,000kms on my truck and have just done these updates and now this issue just a warning to SCT users to maybe hold off on the updates though it does give you more options I think there is still some bugs for SCT to work out to mesh with fords new programming thanks all ...
Old 11-16-2011, 07:25 AM   #9

Had any engine issues since beginning the use of the SCT? Congrats on having a friendly dealer...
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #10

Nope never one issue from day one just only now since this revision update
Old 03-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #11

Finally found my problem the dealer had me convinced it was my oil cooler and might as well do the hpfp while the cab is off glad I held off and done alot more reading and phone calls to only have to change my thermostats and problem solved ! I imagine alot of you running the 6.4 after getting the new ford reflash will discover the same issue with reduced engine power mode see with the new update it reads the temp difference between the coolant temp and the oil temp to detect early oil cooler clogging issues BUT will also throw the same codes with simple hyperextended thermostats
Old 04-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #12

So far 5000 kms and problem free since my thermostats were changed very happy