Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2019, 02:05 PM   #1

2020 Verona 40VBH

After over a year of research, test drives, and dealer visits, I finally placed an order for a Verona 40VBH this morning. Since it will be a late July/early August delivery, it will be a 2020 model.

There are changes coming for all 2020 Verona coaches. Largest being standard trim will be an all electric coach with AquaHot and induction cooking - LP will be an option but you will lose the residential refrigerator with that selection. Smaller being options such as an ottoman with storage for the living area. While TPMS was available in 2019 on some chassis, Bendix TPMS is now standard for the Verona.

Exterior color schemes are same as 2019 but interior wood stain will be slightly different - lighter depth and more brown than red.

MSRP does go up for 2020 and there is a materials surcharge but pretty much in line with what I have noted as year over year pricing increases.

Overall, I am very pleased with where I landed - now the wait begins....
jalewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2019, 06:27 AM   #2

My 2019 Verona should be in any day now. Glad I didn't get a 2020 as I wouldn't want an all electric coach and have no need for the aqua hot.

One feature I would like them to add is adaptive cruise control. Makes for a much more relaxing drive. I know it is available from Freightliner but Renegade is not ordering it.
tdeperte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:54 AM   #3

Congrats to you both for securing new Renegades! I agree that a “smart” steering wheel should be offered on the M2 that would include adaptive cruise control. I would personally like Aqua heat or even the new electric heat in the floor. I really need and want dual pain windows in my Verona. I think I could live without LP I would never be willing to trade the residential refrig to get LP. To each his own!
ragoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:28 AM   #4

Interesting!

Any word on updates to the 2020 LE's? Putting an AquaHot into a Verona closes the gap between it and the LE.

Having had an AH in our previous DP, we will be looking for one in our next coach.
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:02 AM   #5

Spuds, I actually asked about the LE now that the Verona is receiving some of the items that separated the two models and he did not have any information on that as he only pulled the 2020 Verona details to pull my order together. I would have to imagine the LE will receive something to keep it next level up.

I asked if these changes had anything to do with competition from Newmar entering the Super-C space and was told no - but I do find the timing interesting.

I also asked about the Carefree awning and unofficially the feedback I received was Renegade was actively looking at a Girard replacement - no dates or guarantees...
Old 02-10-2019, 11:37 AM   #6

With an all electric coach , do you know if they upped the fuel capacity ?
I wouldn't mind the aqua hot , but I would want 150Gal. fuel if I had all electric.

interesting that the 'older' verona's had residential fridges AND propane.

Thanks
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:34 PM   #7

I do not believe the fuel capacity has changed. I understand it to be the two 50-gallon tanks for a total of 100. Same as previous.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalewis View Post
I do not believe the fuel capacity has changed. I understand it to be the two 50-gallon tanks for a total of 100. Same as previous.
I know that sounds like alot, but what I've started noticing is that you only really have 75 gals. if you want to run the generator. We typically do alot of 3 day weekend trips and I've noticed I have to fill up after each one since I burn about 40 gals each trip. It would just be nice to have that buffer to be able to take 2 trips and now have to fill up after each one.

Going distances it's perfectly fine... we tend to boondock alot.
Thanks for the replies...
Bruce
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:10 PM   #9

Hello Alan congratulations on ordering your new Verona.My wife and I have been been looking at Class A Newmars and talked to several people who have ordered one and got great feedback. We have never owned a RV but have always wanted to, well fast forward and now we both like the Renegade Valencia and Verona. We both like the look and safety of the super c. We are not in a hurry so we have thought about ordering one. Can you give me some advice on what dealers you thought were best and about what kind of discount from MSRP we could be looking at.Thanks for all your information sorry if I have rambled on this is my first post. John
Johnedav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:30 AM   #10

John - Looks like our paths have been very similar. We started out several years ago looking at the Tiffin and Newmar coaches too. Was close to ordering a Ventana last year, but luckily we attended an RV show and found the Renegade which is a much better fit for us and our needs. In Florida, there are two Renegade dealers and I have visited both and can provide feedback on my experience. I prefer having a local dealer, but there are some outstanding dealers if distance is not an issue. Feel free to PM me with your email address - I'd be happy to share more.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:33 AM   #11

We are very interested in ordering a new Verona and AquaHeat is a great (2020) addition in our opinion. Alan, do you know which AquaHeat model you will be getting?
dcgettinby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:55 AM   #12

dcgettinby - According to the build sheet the Verona model will get the AquaHot 250d.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:25 PM   #13

Thanks, Alan. Your info confirms the 250D rumor that I had heard.

FWIW, I called Aqua-Hot tech support today because 250D specific details were a little hard for me to find. Tech support explained this is a single zone system without provisions for engine pre-heating. Don’t get me wrong, I’m really thrilled to be able to get an AH system! However, it appears there will be a couple of limitations.

Without engine pre-heating, one will not be able to use the AH to warm the Cummins before starting on a cold morning. Maybe more importantly, without the engine loop I believe “house” heat while underway would require one to turn on the AH diesel burner rather than take advantage of heat from the Cummins.

Because there is only a single zone, it is unclear what Renegade will do about wet bay heating. Tech support mentioned that Renegade could put a heat exchanger in the wet bay to provide some heat, although that heat exchanger would cycle on/off based on the “house” thermostat. Obviously, AH tech support has no way to know how Renegade decided to handle this issue.

I have tried to summarize all of this correctly. Please let me know if I’ve missed the mark some place or other.
dcgettinby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:54 AM   #14

I don't believe you have missed the mark at all. You summarized the Aqua-Hot 250D accurately based on what I know and understand of the unit.

What I have heard, and yet remains unconfirmed, is that Renegade will do just as you said in that they will be placing a heat exchanger in the wet bay for heat. Other than conversation that it will be there, that is all I know at the moment.

For me, the big win with the Aqua-Hot was the water heating feature. With three boys closing in on their teens with my wife and I, we can use all the hot water we can get! We have a 10-gallon tank fast recovery water heater in our current coach and I feel like it is always trying to make more hot water and we never have enough.