Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2020, 05:08 PM   #1

2020 Verona Fresh Water Tank Gauge

I have GUI Version and Logic control version 3.12.

My 150 gallon tank, FW gauge always reads 67%. The black and grey are ok.
Has anyone replaced their tank sender with something that works better. I don't want to change out the whole sender and gauge now.
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2020, 05:07 AM   #2

I added a Garnett monitor to my Valencia. Standalone from Firefly. Firefly would add support for it, but they wanted like $2000. They now have some senders that they sell/support themselves. You may see what that would cost?

Some people also swear by Horst Miracle Probes - you just replace the existing probes and use same wiring. Should work fine with Firefly.
Old 03-10-2020, 05:11 PM   #3

Where is the fresh water tank? On mine it's under the bed. I bought a drawer face from the home improvement store. Had a couple hinges from a cabinet that I had eliminated elsewhere. Cut a hole in the bed pedestal on the side where it's not very noticeable. Mounted the drawer face hanging down. Now when I'm curious how much fresh water I've got I just lift the cover and shine a flashlight in. Super easy.
Old 03-10-2020, 05:11 PM   #4

Old 03-11-2020, 06:21 AM   #5

Knock on wood....our 2019 Verona gauges have worked perfect from the day of purchase. I’m wondering why your looking for solutions when this should be a simple warranty fix being it’s a 2020? At least worth a call to the mfg. I’d start with tech first, they have been super helpful and have answered every question every time.
RaceRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:52 PM   #6

Wait, so a 2020 Verona still has the crappy "1/3, 2/3, Full" tank sensors that they use on $10,000 travel trailers? Or does it report in more granular increments but OP's sensors are having an issue?
Rumline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 View Post
Now when I'm curious how much fresh water I've got I just lift the cover and shine a flashlight in.
Nice! Next phase is to install a switch that activates when you open the door to turn on lights inside the compartment. Although I guess that goes against the KISS principle.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:26 AM   #8

Rumline, my 2020 Verona has the "crappy 1/3, 2/3, full tank sensors". That granularity is the ONLY report that my firefly has ever shown - sigh!!!
Old 03-19-2020, 02:27 PM   #9

I spoke with Garnet in Canada yesterday and they are getting closer to releasing a new BT version of their Sea Level gauges that work very well and in percentages. I am waiting for the BT so I can install just the sensors and a panel in the wet bay and still be able to read the tanks on my phone. Just leave the current system that is a guessing game.. The set in my car hauler are very accurate and read out in 4% increments as opposed to our 33% increments today.
Doug Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:06 PM   #10

Thanks for the information, dcgettinby.

I have the Garnet non-Bluetooth system in my current travel trailer. I was hoping that the Verona would at least have similar functionality.

I just read in another thread on the water meters that Firefly has their own more-granular sensor system called TruTank which integrates with their displays etc. But according to what they told another poster, it must be installed when the coach is built and not possible to retrofit. This sounds like horse pucky to me but what do I know.

Other posters have contacted FireFly about getting them to integrate the Garnet sensors with the FireFly display, and been quoted prices between $400-1200 for updated software. If there was enough interest I bet we could do a "group buy" and get it cheaper.

I also just found a thread on the Victron site about them working to integrate the Garnet sensors with their Venus devices. If you're upgrading your electrical stuff it might be worth looking into. https://community.victronenergy.com/...6209/view.html
Old 03-19-2020, 07:49 PM   #11

Not that I wouldn’t mind some finer resolution, but I also have never been concerned if I had 50 gallons or 67.5 ...if I really wanna know, just lift the bed. just my 2c
Old 03-23-2020, 12:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRenegade View Post
Not that I wouldn’t mind some finer resolution, but I also have never been concerned if I had 50 gallons or 67.5 ...if I really wanna know, just lift the bed. just my 2c

IMO, knowing the fresh water level is not nearly as important as RELIABLY knowing black and gray tank levels. That's because I really can't imagine anyone that would be ok finding out, after it's too late, that the toilet will not accept another flush. Nor do I know anyone that would be ok, after completely soaping up, to find themselves standing in water that cannot drain away.

That said, note it's very easy to visually check the fresh water level BUT impossible to do anything of the sort with black/gray tanks. In fact, with the crappy stock sensors, the MOST anyone will know is when black/gray levels reach the 2/3 level. From that time forward, it is only a guessing game whether you are one flush above 2/3 or one ounce below the top of the tank!!! To make matters worse, the crappy stock sensors are absolutely notorious for failing.

For whatever reason, Renegade (and most other RV companies) have chosen to ignore reliable and readily available technologies that solve this problem. I'm talking about SeeLevel gauges (although there may be other options). I've had the SeeLevel gauges, they are easy to install, they work very, very well, and they will be added to my black and gray tanks ASAP. That's my 2c!
Old 03-24-2020, 04:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgettinby View Post
IMO, knowing the fresh water level is not nearly as important as RELIABLY knowing black and gray tank levels. That's because I really can't imagine anyone that would be ok finding out, after it's too late, that the toilet will not accept another flush. Nor do I know anyone that would be ok, after completely soaping up, to find themselves standing in water that cannot drain away.

That said, note it's very easy to visually check the fresh water level BUT impossible to do anything of the sort with black/gray tanks. In fact, with the crappy stock sensors, the MOST anyone will know is when black/gray levels reach the 2/3 level. From that time forward, it is only a guessing game whether you are one flush above 2/3 or one ounce below the top of the tank!!! To make matters worse, the crappy stock sensors are absolutely notorious for failing.

For whatever reason, Renegade (and most other RV companies) have chosen to ignore reliable and readily available technologies that solve this problem. I'm talking about SeeLevel gauges (although there may be other options). I've had the SeeLevel gauges, they are easy to install, they work very, very well, and they will be added to my black and gray tanks ASAP. That's my 2c!

Something I just learned our last trip that I didn’t know, and may help with whomever’s concern about black overflowing. The tank flush’s are tied to the sensors and the tank flush buttons will go from (Green/Blue to Yellow to Red) and at the point of red...will not flush. So there is some peace of mind there for those not paying attention. Hope that helps.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:17 PM   #14

Bob86

I like that idea, not so much for tank levels but for a way to empty water tank without putting room out, lifting bed, to empty fresh tank. For tank levels I made a simple chart telling me what 1/3 is 2/3 and full is. Do I wish I had a better readout yes, does it work with a little figuring yes. Part of the fun, sure beats a tent.

tom
twc88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water