Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2019, 04:53 PM   #57

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsbeach View Post
I bought my coach a year ago this month and it's been back to North Trail a total of three times for the POS Carefree Awning...

Each time they made adjustments and now that I'm back in VA for the summer we ran the awning out the other day and it made a heck of a squeal as the forward arm was extending. Some of the wiring had slipped out of his stowed place on the arm so I got a ladder and tucked it back in.
Squealed a little on the way back in, so I'm guessing it'll be a service item when
we get back to Fort Myers next month.

All in all, Carefree is garbage.... I've read so many posts, here and on the Facebook Renegade page concerning Carefree troubles.

I know the "squealed a little on the way back in....." a fix that I use is to simply spray some silicone lube on the rail ways. Remember, these things hang out in the weather and rain and can get corroded and dry thus causing squealing.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2019, 06:50 PM   #58

Reebels beach

I asked Renegade that very question. I was told that the bolts holding the awning in place on the roof go completely through the roof. Removal would require removal of the ceiling areas to access the nuts on the back side. Considering that then that means the ceiling in the entirety of the back half of the coach would have to come out. Think about what all is mounted against the ceiling there. In the next week or so they are installing the 6 degree brackets, we will see what happens then
Wayne Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:08 AM   #59

My CFoC apex awning has worked flawlessly after Renegade installed the 6 degree brackets.
Doug Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:57 AM   #60

Hopefully that fixes this enduring problem, really tired of it lack of functionality. I'm carrying it in Monday to have these brackets installed, hopefully that is a permanent solution to this enduring problem. How long has your's been fixed and has it continued flawlessly?
Old 10-20-2019, 10:43 AM   #61

CFOC Awning

Renegade installed my 6 degree brackets in late July. I have used it on trips probably for 40 days since and it has worked each and every time as designed. The wind sensor has activated retraction several times in that period with no issues. I do retract mine at night and also if the winds are high or it is raining hard. But overall, it has been working as designed since the fix at Renegade.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:59 PM   #62

Had my 2019 Renegade 36vsb in for some warranty work. The big thing is the POS Carefree awning. They tried to fix multiple problems but no go.Awing doesn't go in all the way. Made many adjustments all to no avail. We are now waiting to hear from Renegade as to what they want to do. Oh yes dealer said it might be best not to use it this week while we are out. Lazy Days ( formerly Alliance coach) is trying but have to wait for Renegade. Never had a problem with our old manual Falkner. Sad they are not in business anymore.Can't get quality anymore .While at the factory this summer we tried to get them to put a Girard on for us under warranty. Bet you can't guess what their answer was.
chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:49 AM   #63

Chickie, see your private message
Old 11-12-2019, 04:55 AM   #64

Thanks Wayne. Have dealt with Woodie before.Seems to know what he is doing. Another problem we have is the tube is bent according to our advisor.
chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:03 AM   #65

Had the tube problem as well. It was replaced to no avail. Thi timothy brackets which allow the 6 degree slope from what I can read seems to be working. That is not a simple install. The silicone slant they require, I'm told takes two days to dry before placing the awning back on the RV. My comment to them, TAKE YOUR TIME, DO IT RIGHT, DON'T HURRY"
Old 11-12-2019, 06:05 AM   #66

Pardon the bad typing,its not me it as new mac ive never dealt with, different as night and day from windows
Old 11-12-2019, 08:00 PM   #67

My CFOC Apex awning continues to perform exactly as designed following the installation of the 6 degree brackets at Renegade in late July.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:28 PM   #68

Carefree Awning - Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Darby View Post
My CFOC Apex awning continues to perform exactly as designed following the installation of the 6 degree brackets at Renegade in late July.

Please excuse me, but I’m obviously late to this recent Care Free thread. I had given up hope. But it seems there maybe a fix? What do I need to do? I am pretty handy or should this fix go to a shop? (2018 Verona)
cment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:41 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cment View Post
Please excuse me, but I’m obviously late to this recent Care Free thread. I had given up hope. But it seems there maybe a fix? What do I need to do? I am pretty handy or should this fix go to a shop? (2018 Verona)
I think it depends on whether you have a Verona or a Verona LE. Each has a different awning. Most of this thread is about the awning on the LE. I have the carefree Freedom Freestyle on a Verona. In my case the fix is not easy and have been quoted $3K by 2 different shops. The fix for the LE seems less costly. Really sad to get less than a year of service life from a new awning.
netjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:56 PM   #70

Our 2019 Verona LE LTS had problems from the first day getting the awning to open and retract into position repeatably and reliably. The Fix that CFOC came up with is to install 6 degree mounting brackets which have made it totally reliable and functional (as it should have been day one). The installation of these brackets was done by Renegade at their shop in Bristol. It takes several days and is not an easy repair. If you have an Apex awning that has not functioned properly you should contact CFOC about whether the 6 degree brackets will cure your particular issue.

Tags
awning, ems, problems